Chapter Seven

Authors pov

That evening, Rajveer remained sitting for who knows how long in the memory of his Shri. At last, when it was too late, he got tired and went to his home.

Now it seemed as if he had become a habit of all this. He would wake up every morning with the hope that he would get her today, but  every day, his day would end with disappointment.

Don't know how desperately he had searched for her in the last three years. He had not felt at peace even for a single moment in these three years.

Who knows how many nights he spent crying and in pain remembering her. , But today he was feeling a different kind of restlessness. He didn't know why he felt that she was  near him. He felt that he was very close to her but still he could not meet her.

The next morning, after getting up early and getting ready for the office, he went downstairs to have breakfast. Seeing him there all his family members were shocked. 

Actually everyone knew that Rajveer had gone to Delhi for work but it was too late for him to return last night, that is why no one was aware of his return.

"Rajveer when did you come? and what about the meeting" Asked his father.

"There was some urgent work, Babasa, that's why I had to come. And the meeting went well."  Rajveer replied.

"Is everything alright, Veer?" Seeing him upset, grandmother asked worriedly.

"Yes Dadisaa, it was just some work," he said consolingly.

After breakfast Rajveer reached office. Because of whatever happened yesterday, he was in a very bad mood today. Today he was shouting at everyone in the office, he was not feeling at peace.

At this time he was sitting in his cabin and trying to read a file. But even after several attempts, he was not able to concentrate, then suddenly someone forcefully opened the door of his cabin.

"Who had so much courage to open the door without knocking?" He screamed looking into the file itself.

"Aur Rajjo, kaisi hai meri jaan? "
(And Rajjo, how are you my love?) said the person standing at the door.

Hearing that voice, Rajveer looked towards the door. There was a very handsome, tall man, with curly hair standing there wearing a tuxedo. He was none other than Rajveer's best friend Aditya.

"Aa gayi aafat"
(Disaster has come) said Rajveer getting irritated.

"Kya yaar rajjo,Tu to mujhe aaj kal yaad hi nahi krta" (What, Rajjo? You don't even remember me these days) Aditya said while sitting on the chair in front of Rajveer.

"And I thought you were straight?" Rajveer said sarcastically.

"Maine suna tu devdaas ban ke idhar udhar bhagtaa fir raha hai, to socha aa ke dekh lu kahi tu nas vas  na kaat le"
(I heard that you have become Devdas.
you were running around there, so I thought I should come and see if you cut your veins.)

Rajveer was about to answer him, when Rishiraj came there with a gloomy face and a file in his hand.

As soon as he came, he placed the file in front of Rajveer and said,
"Bhai, please check this file once."

Seeing him sad, Aditya asked,
"What happened Chhote?" Why are you looking so quiet?