Carl

Season 2
Dallas

The Accident

I woke up from my unconsciousness to hearing Andrea seemingly argue with someone about something that belongs to her. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.  It always seems to be me me me with this lady.

I sat up from the couch in the RV and reached my hand to my head, feeling a bandaid where I few hours ago banged my head.

This felt like deja vu. A couple years back I was accidentally pistol whipped by one of the men I worked with. Knocked me out good for hours.

I stood up quickly remembering that I need my bow and arrows back. I rushed out of the RV to hearing Dale and Andrea arguing, then I saw Carol.

Oh my god, Sofia.

Forgetting about the arrows, I walked slowly to Carol, nobody seeing that I woke up yet.

I put my hand on her shoulder gently, "Carol." She turned to face me, tears in her eyes, "I'm really sorry."

She just wrapped her arms around me and I slowly returned the hug, rubbing her upper back, "I don't blame you. I just hope Rick brings her back. I should've never left my little girl alone."

"I know-"

"Oh god they're back!" Glenn put what he was holding down and Carol finally stopped hugging me.

"You didn't find her?" Carol began crying again after seeing Rick and Daryl approach her without Sophia.

"Her trail went cold. We'll pick it up again at first light."

"You cant leave my daughter out there alone. To spend the night alone in the woods." Carol had her arms wrapped around herself.

"Out in the darks no good." Daryl spoke, "We'd just be trippin over ourselves. More people get lost."

"But shes 12 she can't be out there on her own! You didn't find anything?"

"I know this is hard but I'm asking you not to panic. We know she was out there."

"And we tracked her for a while"

"We have to make this an organized effort. Daryl knows the woods better than everybody and Dallas can track too... I've asked them to oversee this."

Carol saw the blood on Daryl and started to panic, Lori and I put a hand on her for comfort. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is on her.

Her and I sat down on the thing that tripped me earlier after hearing that they gutted a walker to make sure it didn't take a bite out of her.

"How could you just leave her out there to begin with? How could you just leave her?" She turned to me, "And you act like you're so above everyone, you couldn't even handle one walker!"

I stood up and took a step away from her trying to keep myself calm since she is a grieving mother. Though I don't appreciate her talking to me like that, I do know it's partially my fault and I need to start looking for her.

"That walker was the size of a bus Carol, it ain't her fault it made her tumble down a hill." Daryl spoke up while walking over to me.

"My little girl got left in the woods." Lori rubbed Carols back and gave me a 'Don't take that personally' type of look.

"How's yer head? You should be restin." Daryl ran his thumb over the bandaid and I felt a weird little tug at my heart at his actions.

"Dallas you should be resting." Glenn came over, standing with Daryl.