T-dog

Season 3
Dallas

Tragedy

Hershel woke up. He was alive. He woke up as soon as the others came back from making Axel and Oscar go to cell block D. Apparently comparing the two men to Shane screwed their heads on right, and they let them live.

I had cleaned up the blood on me and spent some time with the others before heading off to my own space.

"I was following Ricks lead, D." Daryl was standing just outside my cell, not that he could be far anyway. His beds like 10 feet from the cell.

"I know." I smiled and stood up, "They're not bad men. Oscar... he had kids. His mom-"

Daryl wrapped his arms around me and I sighed, leaning into it. I'm so tired. I don't remember the last time any of us got a nights rest.

I pulled away and he was staring intently at my face.

Rick suddenly appeared from the bottom level.

I smiled softly, "I'm sorry for comparing you to Shane. I didn't mean it."

At least not now I didn't. I did in the moment.

He shook his head, "You were right. You have that annoying habit."

I laughed and nodded as if to agree and he continued, "We'll start cleaning tomorrow... for now just get some rest."

"Course." I smiled and watched him nod with some type of look at Daryl before walking away.

"Daryl?" He let out a hmm and leaned against the frame of the cell, I almost got distracted by his muscles flexing with his movements.

Focus Dallas, "Ya know what I miss the most about life before all this?"

"What?"

"I miss movies." I pulled my leather jacket off and hung it over the bed, "It was rare I had any time to myself, but when I did I'd spend most of it watching movies."

"Bet you were a Jurassic Park girl." He stayed leaning against the wall and had this smug look on his face.

"What the hell does that mean?" I crossed my arms, "There's nothing wrong with Jurassic Park."

I pouted and unbuckled my boots, listening to his laugh. I tossed the boots by the cell door and rolled my feet around to stretch them. That feels incredible. It's so rare these days to get to be barefoot.

I then pulled off my long sleeve shirt, "I was big into horror movies."

"You were a Frankenstein girl?"

"Excuse me?" I swear if looks could kill he'd be in his grave, "How about you? I bet you were a Happy Gilmore guy."

He scoffed and looked embarrassed. I gasped, "You were! I knew it."

"Nah."

That's when it all made sense, a big smile blossomed on my face and I uncrossed my arms, "Cmon don't act you haven't seen boobs before."

I have never seen Daryl so embarrassed. I bet he misses when I was clueless. 7 months of being alone gives you a lot of time to overthink conversations.

"I'm still wearing a bra, you know you could just get out of my cell."
I teased and started to unbutton my pants. He stepped into the cell and I froze. He was suppose to leave not go further in.

"Who's the embarrassed one now?" His arms now rested by his sides and I could actually feel my cheeks turning pink.

"Asshole." I pushed my pants down and pulled them off my ankles, before grabbing a t-shirt I found in that old house from before. I haven't gotten a chance to wear pajamas since the CDC, I am going to wear them now if it kills me. A girl needs to not wear pants sometimes, right?