Bye Bye Prison

Season 4

Dallas

Bye Bye Prison

It was completely dark out as we approached the prison. It didn't feel right. How silent it was. As Michonne drove closer Carl and Rick were there to pull the gates open. I could see from here that they looked distressed. A soon as we rolled up Tyreese, Daryl and I got out of the car before it was even stopped.

Tyreese was asking Rick something about Sasha, but I just began running to the cells where they were keeping them with the bag of pills in my hands. My only thought was Glenn. Besides Daryl and Michonne he was the only one in there around the sick people.

"Glenn." I ran to Hershel and Maggie who were sitting with him. He looked bad, really bad. Maggie hugged me when she saw me, holding onto me tightly, "He's alright. He almost died but we cleared his airways."

"You shouldn't be in here." Hershel looked over at me. He looked exhausted, like he hadn't slept in a long time.

"Don't worry about me Hershel." I dumped some pills out as Bob entered the cell too, "I'll be alright."

"Dad. Go rest." Maggie told her father, knowing that we can take over now.

I looked out the cell seeing the dead bodies everywhere. They went through hell while we were gone. That was my last thought before we started dissolving pills into the fluid.

-

I watched Daryl and Tyreese get out of the car. It was the next morning. Daryl hugged me tightly and rubbed the back of my head, "Have you seen Carol? Maggie wouldn't tell me where she is."

Daryl looked at me then to Hershel who walked away, "Hershel said she's okay and to ask Rick about her. Haven't done that yet."

What happened to Carol that they can't just tell us? My eyes widened from realization.

"What is it, D?"

I put my mouth next to his ear so Tyreese wouldn't hear me, "She must've been the one to kill Karen and David."

"Carol?"

"Why else would she be gone? Rick left with her. He's the only one that'd have it in him to send her away. She'd never leave us, Lizzie, Mika, Judith." He looked at me after I said that, and I could tell he knew I was probably right, "He wouldn't want Tyreese to find out and- you know..."

-

Rick had to deal with Daryl and I being upset with him. Rationally we knew he was right. Carol's just done so much for everyone. She thought she was saving us, she wouldn't have just killed someone for no reason. Rick even said that they were suffering and she put them out of their misery.

He could've told Tyreese it was one of the people who were already dead. Something other than making her leave without us even saying bye to her.

"What are we suppose to do with those two girls?" Daryl asked Rick, as we all stood in the cell block.

"We can keep an eye on them. I can watch over them." I tucked my hair behind my ears and paced. They are old enough that they aren't going to be too difficult to care for.

"I told her we'd look after them." Rick looked down at the floor before returning his gaze to me and Daryl, "I haven't told Tyreese yet. I don't know how he's gonna take it."

"You can't tell Tyreese." I leaned against the railing, "He is finally relaxing now that Sasha is  better."

Daryl snaked his arm around my waist pulling me with him to the stairs, "We need to tell him. Right thing to do."