(my heart needed felicity and you came) chapter 7

You and Yujin were dating in secret, as you were not ready to be out just yet and always, the angel she is, she understood completely. Even though you cried a little, explaining how you felt terrible for having to keep her and your relationship a secret, she hugged you so tight and whispered sweet nothings in your ear.

The both of you only told James, who almost screamed in joy when you were official. Frickin finally he said one time and wiggled his eyebrows knowingly, while Yujin was laughing sweetly and you smacked him on the shoulder, a flustered mess.

James finally told Yujin about Adam, her eyes almost fell out of her skull at that, which had James rolling on the floor, clutching his belly.

-

Today was an individual project. Mr Wilson had explained how today was to work on something simple, a portrait of your dream destination. You were excited, so was Yujin and James. Grabbing the supplies and before you reached your canvas, Yujin pulled you to the side and whispered in your ear "I would've painted you but today I'll choose option two", you were a blushing mess and Yujin was entertained, laughing her heart out. I swear. You sat in front of your canvas and began the work.

It took you over three hours, but you finally completed it. It was a simple contrast of a teahouse in Scotland, green neighbouring the entire area. Ivy covering the teahouse and a lake nearby. You felt like jumping in the painting already.

Yujin's one was a white-wooden house in a big land, big yard and pets playing around. Two people standing side by side, snuggling and enjoying the view. Your heart swelled at that. It was fitting for her. You praised her and resisted the urge to kiss her senseless when she smiled like that at you. All bright eyes and dimples on display.

James was a treehouse in the middle of the greenery, self decorated designing and wooden furniture, with a cat sleeping soundly at the side. You loved it. Miss Sarah was utterly impressed by his work and complimented him.

After dinner, you went to call your parents. You haven't called them in over a week, not wanting to talk or worse, just listening. Your mum picked at the third ring, voice booming over the phone.

"Now you wanna talk? You haven't called in over a week. What have you been up to? Were you that busy?" The questions flowed nonstop.
You expected this, knowing this was how she'd react so you came prepared. "I'm sorry. I was just tired from the activities and my phone was out of battery most of the time, I only charged it yesterday." You never fail to impress yourself at the lies flowing smoothly off your lips, like you were born to do this.

"You and your reasons. We're worried sick here and you're there enjoying all the time in the world. You have a phone for a reason, or you could've used another person's phone!" Your ears hurt at that, having not heard her devastatingly high voice in a while. You took a deep breath and continued "I'm sorry again. How are you?" Changing the topic has always been the solution, and it worked.

"Nothing much, we just attended the wedding last week and your aunt came over yesterday. That woman is such a headache,ever since the divorce she's been hogging our house as if we have no work other than to attend to her."
Your aunt is a great woman in your opinion. Ever since her messy divorce, she'd been utterly depressed. You'd imagine going through the same if you found out your supposed love of your life claimed to be taking therapy sessions, until you've walked in on him sitting on the doctor's chair, spotting a figure kneeling on the floor in front him.

Only recently was she comfortable to leave her house and visit yours often, since it was the closest. She was kind and always brought home baked cookies on every visit. You loved having her over, she always offered her ear and sat with you as you both chatted away.

"Oh and one of the handsome relatives son asked for your whereabouts last week. He said he missed you'' The excitement in her voice made you roll your eyes. It's always been like that. Whenever someone's son asks anything regarding you, she's even more excited than you. Unfortunately if those poor boys knew.

"Oh, I hope you told him not to wait or something. I won't be there for another few weeks" you managed, not wanting the poor boy to wait weeks for you, and because you have Yujin now. Just the thought of her made you smile like an idiot.

You've considered telling your parents about Yujin and wondered how they'd react. You wonder if they'll react the same way Yujin's parents did when she showed you on FaceTime call with her parents, they absolutely adored you. Told you a bunch of Yujin's childhood stories and ended up embarrassing her, you found it all to endearing.

But then you remembered you were thinking about your parents, immediately dismissing the idea. They'd actually bury themselves six feet deep in the ground or disown you rather than accepting you. You forgot about it. The phone call ended and you were drained. You always do whenever it's them.

That night you were extremely tired and went to sleep immediately, before Yujin even finished showering.