(please don't forget my voice) chapter 9

The both of you kept your promise. You were going to enjoy every second of these remaining two weeks and you are. Though you both inevitably feel the ounce of sadness weighing your chest and heart, you both were strong.

You noticed how clingy she was being, you were the same. Not being able to get through a single minute without feeling each other. You didn't really bother with the stares you were receiving, more focused on the feeling of her warm and smooth skin on yours.

You were cuddling with Yujin on the same bench one night. Your head against her chest and you were chatting the night away. You were in the middle of a conversation regarding winter when she spoke "Promise me we are going to make a snowman together someday. Maybe not now, not tomorrow but we will. Please?" she asked sweetly, brown eyes full of hope.

You melted at that and linked her awaiting pinky, tightening it and kissing her finger. "We will. Not just one, we will have a bunch of shapes and we will definitely make snow angels. Yujin smiled at you and kissed your forehead "Anything for you baby" she whispered against your skin, breath hot.

You both continued chatting, her playing with your fingers and peeling the dried paint of your fingers from earlier in the afternoon. You both headed back when you noticed Yujin's eyes drooping slightly, giving her a kiss on her nose.

-

You and James were chatting when Yujin came back from the phone call with her parents, smiling at the both of you, leaning to kiss your forehead, you knew that smile.
She was trying her absolute best to fulfil both your promise to keep the inevitable till the day it comes. The corner of lips lifted slightly, though her eyes were some sort of distant, almost empty.

You took Yujin's hand and squeezed it, leaning your head on her shoulder and continued talking to James about his next date with Adam.
You wanted to be here for him and he deserved happiness in his life. Yujin would occasionally join the conversation but mostly remained quiet, so you decided to talk to her later.

Adam actually caught James by surprise by kissing him the other way, right after the credits were rolling. Ever since that, they both were inseparable. Adam even took his time and made a Mosaic piece, both of their initials knotted beautifully in vibrant colours.

James had attached it to his bag, appreciating the thoughtful gesture. James couldn't stop blushing over it. Tonight they were going to watch another movie secretly, having stolen the device just for another movie night sake.
Dinner came around and you held Yujin's hand, bringing her to the bench. You wanted to talk to her, and asked her if she was doing okay.

You knew it would trigger a few tears or so but you wanted this, you needed her. You were willing to do anything for her. She kept quiet as you brought her and sat down. You both were quiet for a few minutes, just letting the night breeze kiss your skin, taking in the beauty of the night. That is until you heard soft sniffles by your side.

You turned your head quickly, taking in the sight of Yujin's teary eyes glistening in the night.
"Oh baby, come here" you whispered, wrapping your arms around her. Her cries turned into full on sobbing, pouring all the emotions that were pushed aside, all came pouring out. Yujin buried her face into your shoulders, tears absorbed into the fabric of your sweater. Your heart broke at this.

You both have managed to do a good job, enjoying these past two weeks. You were all due to go back home in two days. If you were being honest, it was all giggles and sweet kisses by the day, muffled sobs and severe heartache by night.
"I-I'm sorry, I really tried to hold it in, I just don't want to leave this, leave us". Yujin's voice was muffled by your sweater, but the words were enough to stomp all over your heart. "I love you so much, please don't ever forget that. My heart beats for you. It's here, alive because of you." She managed out, hands clutching tightly at the back of your sweater, hands fisted the sweater.