- 6. Newt -

I know I fucked up, from the moment I saw her broken face. Her tears were shattering my heart into a million pieces. And now I am pretty sure that she won't want to sleep in the same bed or even in the same hut as me, since she couldn't even face me, after she had overheard me and my 'friends' talking. I admit, at first, she was just a bet, but now I actually fell in love with her, and I can't stop thinking about her.

I feel my heart aching as the image of her crying and broken face flashes back into my mind, her tears and her sobs, all of them broke my heart over and over again. It hurts me to know that I have hurt her feelings, and I feel like she will never trust me again, and I probably deserved it.

All I can do is stare at the ceiling of my hut, feeling my body ache, in mental and physical pain, remembering how I humiliated her and how I maybe have fucked up every single chance of ever being with her again. I close my eyes, while i am feeling like the biggest bastard in the whole fucking universe.

Outside, I can hear the fire burning and the other gladers laughing and talking amongst each other. I am ripped out of my thoughts as someone knocks on my door, I groan as I stand up and walk over to the door, open it, and see Gally standing outside. He is one of my closest friends, so I immediately cover my annoyed expression.

"Hey man, what do you want?" I ask, letting him in my hut.
"I just wanted to ask if you would like to come and join us by the fire?" Gally asks me and leans against the doorframe.
"I don't know." I sigh, crossing my arms as I stand by the table, leaning on it.
"Come on. It'll be fun." He puts a hand on my shoulder and waits for an answer.
"Fine." I finally give in and agree, following him outside the hut.

We both walk over to the fire, sitting down with the other boys, who are talking about different topics. Some talk about their day, and others talk about girls. And while they talk, I can't help but glance over at Rune again and again — she is just so fucking beautiful and I fucked everything up and all of this just because I didn't wanted to seem like a softie infront of my so called friends, Thomas and Minho.

The way she is laughing and talking with her friends, but still I can see the pain and sadness in her eyes, and it's absolutely breaking my heart. The way her hair falls around her shoulders and over her chest, the way her eyes shine while she smiles and the way she just looks in general, so fucking beautiful and so fucking perfect.

"Yo, you're staring." Gally laughs as he shakes me out of my thoughts.
"Hm? Sorry." I laugh awkwardly and turn my gaze away from Rune before looking back at her.
"Are you ok? You look a bit out of line." He raises an eyebrow.
"Yeah, I am. Don't worry about me." I nod and just try to concentrate back on the boys and their conversation, but is hard.

I feel myself getting bored, so i just blankly stare at the fire, my eyes empty. I can see Rune talking with her friends as the fire burns, making her look even more beautiful. The way the fire illuminates her face is absolutely angelic. She doesn't look at me, doesn't pay attention to me, and she also probably doesn't even think about me anymore, which I deserve.

"I'm tired, I'm going to bed." I stand up and look at Gally. At first, he looks a bit mad, but then, after some seconds, just accept it.
"Ok, man." He nods, and I leave the whole fireplace, walking over to my hut.

Quietly, I enter my hut, feeling empty. I don't bother to change my clothes. The only thing I do is take my shoes off before I let myself fall into bed, ready to drift off to sleep. While I lay on my back, I have my hands behind my back, staring at the ceiling. I can still see her face over and over again, when she was happy and then when she was sad. I can't bear to see it anymore, so I close my eyes and slowly start to fall asleep.

—————————————–———–———–––
Hey guys, I apologize that this chapter is so short, but i couldn't write much more. I will upload the next chapter, making it longer, i promise🥹🥹🥹
Thank you for all of the support, I greatly appreciate it, and I am so happy every time I read a comment!!!
Have a great day, my loves🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻