- 7. Newt -

It's 5 in the morning as I wake up due to the sunlight shining into the hut. I know I have to stand up, but I don't really want to. I hate myself for how I treated Rune. Her heartbroken expression still haunts me. I force myself out of bed, getting changed to my usual working clothes. The sun has risen, and the glade is entirely light up now. There are already some people on their way to their work. Minho and Thomas are starting to run into the maze.

I can see Rune standing at the lake with another guy, and my jealousy immediately starts to boil. Seeing her with that guy, talking and laughing makes me so fucking angry. She is supposed to be mine, but I know I fucked up. But my anger gets the best of me as I see that guy putting his hand on her waist, pulling her closer. She smiles. He whispers something to her, and she blushes and smiles at him again. I step a bit closer, hoping to hear what they are talking about.

"You are so hot, Rune." He says to her, caressing her waist in an intimate way.
"Thank you. You too, Ryan." She smiles, looking at him with big eyes.
"You know... I would like to get to know you better." He smirks, his hands traveling higher up under her shirt.
"What exactly do you mean?" She asks.
"You know — I'd like to touch you. Make you mine." He says, in a way that makes my rage boil.
"I- no, I am sorry. I don't want to." She can't even finish her sentence before he cuts her off.
"Come on, baby. You know you want it." She pulls her closer, and she tries to free herself.
"Stop! I don't want it!" She yells, and my temper reaches its peak. I storm towards him and pull him away from Rune. He looks caught off guard. Rune tries to hold me back.
"Stay there. Don't fucking move." I say harshly and she just nods, standing back.

Ryan smirks at me in a taunting way, trying to attack me. I block the punch and hit him right in the nose, making him fall to the ground. I see red, punching and kicking him, while he curls up, trying to stop me — but I don't. My anger and the want to protect Rune is too much, and I kick him again, yelling at him, insulting him.

"Get your fucking, filthy hands off my girl." I yell in anger, punching him again in the jaw. My anger is getting the best of me.
"Yo, man. Chill out." He stands back up and brushes the dust off his clothes.
"SHUT UP! SHE'S MINE! GOT IT?! SO GET AWAY FROM HER BEFORE I LOOSE IT!" I yell in absolute anger and hate towards him.
"You are the one who hurt her." He says but doesn't finish his sentence as my fist makes contact with his face again.

I feel all kind of self-control that I have left leave my body. He dared to touch my girl. He dared to touch her against her will. She told him to stop and he didn't. Her face looked so scared and so uncomfortable that it ripped my heart apart, maybe even more than before. I kick him one last time before he curls on the ground. I am seething in anger as I turn around to face Rune. She looks scared, almost traumatized.

"Rune... are you ok? Did he hurt you?" I walk over to her slowly.
"I- what did you -" she looks back to Ryan, who lays on the ground, beaten.
"I asked you a question." My voice turns colder and more stern.
"I am fine. He didn't hurt me." Her voice is shaky, but she manages to talk normally.
"Good." I reach a hand out to touch her shoulder, but she flinches away.
"Hey. I won't hurt you." I say, my voice getting quieter now.

—————————————–——————————–
Hey guys. I'm sorry again that this chapter is so short, and I'm also sorry that I didn't upload due so long.
Xoxo
Mia