Forgotten and Replacement (Part 2)

"Seelena, an arrogant brat and cocky girl with her partner, Brania. Both of them really have a dynamic friendship. They made a great team and good pair together but what happened if..." The man slowly picked the white rookie and lifted it up to his face.

"One of them disappeared among from each other embrace? What do you think of this, Rita?"

Rita tilts her head to the side in a subtle.

"As you mentioned, they make a great team and good pair together, but what happens if one of them disappears among each other's embrace?'

Rita pauses for a brief moment.

"Well, I would say that would be quite a tragedy. After all, it would be a shame to break up such a good pair. The team would be weakened, and their friendship destroyed." Rita said with a small smile.

"That's the whole point, Rita. Let see how the show turns out. Will that arrogant brat figure out?"

--

"Achoo! Ah, bless myself." Seelena sneezed suddenly.

Currently, they were on The Selene as they made their destination to New Zealand because a powerful Honkai spike was detected in New Zealand 1 day ago and The Gem of Desire went missing during the incident.

New missions were set according to the message left in the hub of the Selene. They started the search for the 4 gems. The first destination is New Zealand under the jurisdiction of Schicksal Oceania Branch.

The Selene approached the harbor of New Zealand, where the branches of the Schicksal Oceania branch were located. It's the first destination of the search for the 4 gems. They prepared for the operation and started getting ready.

Meanwhile, Kiana was taking her nap, and Mei was calling for her to keep awake. Kiana shook her head as she tried to keep awake, and Mei watched over her.

"Do you really think we could find the gems here?" Brania spoke up.

Mei raise her eyebrows a little bit in thought, and she thought for a minute before she replied.

"The gems could be anywhere in the world, so I'm not sure... But Schicksal has always kept tabs on any reports of weird or mysterious occurrences, and New Zealand was a frequent hub for all kinds of strange things. I have a feeling that we might find some clues here."

The conversation continued as the Selene docked in, and the members were preparing to exit the ship. They were all geared up, as the operation would definitely be risky.

"Oh look, grass!" Seelena pointed at the ground.

Brania sighed and shook her head as she stepped out.

"Hey, this is a mission, not a field trip. Get your head in the game." Brania said.

Seelena pouted a bit and rolled her eyes at Brania, but she still followed the rest of the team.

"Man, she can be so stubborn sometimes." Kiana said.

As soon as Seelena heard that, she immediately shot a glare at Kiana.

"Aren't you also a stubborn brat too, tuna?" Seelena shot back.

Kiana was really irritated by this and argue back but Mei immediately break them up.

"A-Alright, enough. This is an important mission and we need to focus... And don't let your guard down!" Mei said.

They all nodded in agreement.

- Small Timeskip -

- Seelena (Alexander's) PoV-

We stopped at the fountain and Mei feel something a bit uneasy.

"This is the place indicated by the sensor but I don't see anything. Perhaps the sensors malfunctioned." Mei said.

I looked over Y/n but she seems to be so calm in this situation. Weird.

"Mei-neesama, wait!" Bronya exclaimed.

"What's the matter, Bronya-chan?" Mei questioned.

"Bio-sensors detect vital readings 50 meters to the east." Bronya said.

East huh... I was paying attention to their conversation when suddenly I see someone familiar from afar. Is that...

"There's a girl on the wheelchair! This place is dangerous. We need to save her!" I yelled out loudly and ran away from the groups.

"Seelena! Don't run off alone!" Brania yelled my name before following me from behind as the other followed us.

It's Wendy... No way... I can't believe it! I finally got to meet her! MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!!

"Wen- uh, hey. Why are you out here alone? It's dangerous you know." I speak up to her.

I can't really hold up my excitement. I get to talk with her... This is a dream.

"Zombies and Honkai Beasts? Not the toughest enemies around, but don't let your guard down!" Wendy said with a small smile. She is smiling at me!

Eventually, everyone caught up to me and was curious about Wendy. Even... Y/n? Or maybe she just playing dumb like me.

"You guys are all here... It's dangerous here." Wendy said.

"Well... We're here looking for The Gem of Desire. It's located around this area, do you know where it is, Miss... Uh... Green hair lady?" Kiana asked.

How dare she insulted Wendy like that! I quickly hold my temper not to have a fight with Kiana in this situation. For now.

"The Gem of Desire...? Allow me to explain... 3 years ago, the Oceania Branch implanted The Gem of Desire into my calf. The aim was to meld the Gem with my tibia to archive Herrscher-grade powers..." Wendy explained calmly.

Kiana raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"I guess you should be pretty powerful. But you're just a girl on a wheelchair." Kiana shrugged.

"Wendy was Oceania's best Valkyrie. She might have become the 4th S-rank Valkyrie of this generation. But she still couldn't handle the gem's power." Bronya speaks up.

Wendy sighed and looked down in disappointment.

"I wasn't strong enough to contain the power of the Gem. I lost control of my legs." Wendy said.

"They should have taken out the Gem! Wendy shouldn't be stuck in this wheelchair..." Seele said with concern.

I need to be on my guard. It's almost about the time she will lost control. However, I need to help her though... Can I prevent her from getting lost control? I probably will talk with Y/n later.