Sailfish Two

Licking his lips, Sailor quietly breathed out his nose, then blinked open one eye, then the other.

It's already dark?

The lights had already been off, but now there was no light coming in through the edges of the curtain-blocked window, either. The TV was also off. He must have slept for quite a while.

I feel pretty good now, though.

Looking around, he noticed an alarm clock on the nightstand next to him.

W-wait a second! Five in the morning?! 

Sailor quickly attempted to sit up, but he knew that there would be arms around him, making his efforts futile. Reed always cuddled with him when they watched movies on the couch whenever he came home from college on breaks, so it was no surprise that the guy was glued to his back now, too.

"Reed?" Sailor whispered as quietly as he could, hoping to not wake his brother's roommate.

He gently shook his shoulder after turning as much as he could in his arms.

"Reed? I need to go get my key and get ready for class," he said a little louder, shaking his brother's shoulder again until he noticed his eyelids twitch and his lips purse.

There you are...

"Reed, you need to let go so I can leave."

Hearing the word leave, his brother finally opened his eyes, but instead of releasing him right away, he began to pout and squeezed him a little closer.

"You just got here," Reed mumbled, his voice raspy with sleep.

So cute!

But still.

"I have to go get my key and get ready. You need to let go. I'm sure I'll see you at lunch though, right? I have to choose a club to join at the fair today, and you don't have classes around noon, right?" he said, trying to placate his sibling into releasing him.

After a quiet moment of consideration, Reed finally allowed Sailor to get up.

"Thanks, get some more rest and I'll see you later," he said as he reached over to pat his brother's soft hair.

Reed grumbled a bit, but eventually nuzzled his face into his pillow and closed his eyes.

Finally free, Sailor stood up, but that's when something caught his eye, drawing him closer to Cassius's bed.

Your arm is gonna hurt if you sleep with it hanging over the edge like that.

Since the guy was clearly fast asleep, Sailor simply walked over and reached down, gently grabbing hold of his arm and lifting it so that it was settled more comfortably atop the sheets.

There you go.

He was just about to release the man's arm when he noticed something else.

It's really cold.

"Sai? What are you doing?"

Sailor nearly jumped out of his skin at hearing his brother's voice again!

Releasing Cassius's arm, he straightened back up and turned around, a blush on his face that his brother thankfully couldn't see in the darkness.

"His arm would have fallen asleep if I left it hanging over the edge," he said awkwardly, then quickly added, "It's really cold. Is he okay?"

Sitting up, his brother looked between him and his roommate several times before deciding to simply shrug one shoulder.

"He's cold-blooded. He can warm enough of his body not to need extra heating, but his appendages are normally always cold."