Sailfish Five

Several days sped by in a flash as Sailor settled into his classes. He'd decided to take a full set semester, which meant that he was busier than a bee! 

Looking up from his notebook as his teacher finally dismissed his advanced biology class, Sailor felt his body slouch back in his chair at the same time Splash stretched in his mind. 

Same, bud. 

He calmly got his things packed back into his bag, but before he could even consider lifting it a familiar hand appeared and took it. He immediately recognized the silver and dark blue ring on the man's left hand. 

Cass. 

His brother and his friend had been alternating who picked him up from class depending on their schedules. Most of the time it had been Reed, but every once in a while Cassius would show up. It wasn't that anyone was bothering him or anything, though. They just came by to help him carry his things since he was now being forced to use crutches wherever he went. He could also use his wheelchair, but he wasn't that desperate yet. 

He'd honestly argued why he couldn't just walk with his brace if his foot wasn't hurting too badly, but the look both Cassius and his brother had given him quickly had him sealing his lips closed. 

The guy was wearing a pair of black swim trunks and a dark blue tank top, making Sailor think that he was going to go swimming as soon as he brought him back to his dorm. Just the thought of the pool had his shift perking up and bouncing on its front flippers a little. 

He won't let us anywhere near that pool until our surgery next week, he told it

If his injury had just been from his car crash Cassius would have continued to work with him, but right now he was supposed to be moving the foot as little as possible until they could get the foreign bodies out. 

Cass was especially worried about the broken instrument cutting through more tissue, hence making him use crutches and refusing to let him walk. 

He was just heading out of the building with the young man at his side when he felt a gentle hand grasp his shoulder, making him stop and look. 

"Did you forget? You have an appointment with Dr. Bosch today," Cassius said, making Sailor furrow his brow and frown. 

His classes had him so busy that he'd forgotten. 

"Come on, no running away," the guy said as he gestured in the opposite direction of his dorm. 

I have so much homework though...

The look he was getting from Cassius told him to not even think about skipping it. Of course, he knew better than to not go, but it was just...

Having another surgery so abruptly was making him really anxious. 

"Don't worry, he's an amazing podiatrist and out of all the doctors I've met, I trust him the most," he said as he led the way to the orthopedics building. 

It was quite bustling inside, but everyone seemed to clear the way for Cassius's tall form, easily splitting the sea of people so that Sailor could get through on his crutches. 

Soon they were at the doctor's campus office, but since they were a bit early the man was still finishing up a lecture. 

Cassius didn't hesitate to start getting him ready, however, and soon Sailor was sitting up on the small exam table in the room as Cassius knelt in front of him and gently removed the sock that had been covering his injured foot, since Cass and his brother now refused to let him even put a shoe on it.