Sailfish Three

Fidgeting with the hem of his shirt, Sailor wandered along one of the sidewalks interwoven between large swaths of perfectly-manicured grass. 

He'd come straight there after class with a few students who'd not taken no for an answer. Not that he never intended to go, though. It was mandatory for first years to enroll in at least one club, but he'd hoped to find his brother before he went. 

I texted him but he didn't reply. 

His class was probably running over again. 

Licking his lips, his inner animal gave itself a good shake, then sniffed the air through his nose, curious about their surroundings since he'd stopped moving all of a sudden. 

Oh right, Cassius is in the swim club, maybe I can find him since the group that demanded I come has disappeared already.

His face immediately began to flush as he thought about what his brother had told him the other day. 

U-uh, maybe not. 

He wouldn't know what to say to the guy. 

Instead, he just began to wander along slowly, keeping to the middle of the walkway so that he didn't interrupt the flow of back and forth traffic with his careful pace. 

Booth after booth had displays of what the club did as overly-enthusiastic students yelled to everyone passing by about how great their club was and that they should choose theirs to join. 

He already knew which one he wanted to join, but that was absolutely not the one he could join. His seal stamped its little flippers in frustration, though the taps barely took his attention for a moment. No matter how frustrated the poor animal was, they both knew that it couldn't swim any longer, and what was a seal without water? 

Let's just find something quick, then I'll go take a bath, okay?  he told it, hoping that the promise of himself getting into water would at least calm it down. 

It worked, of course, because his seal just wasn't a big fighter. It had lost its strong will a long, long time ago. 

Turning his attention back to his surroundings, Sailor felt his foot begin to throb and bit back a frown. 

Just in time. Let's just pick something and go. 

Slowing to a stop, he turned to stare at a random booth and fidgeted. 

Uh, not calligraphy club. 

He wandered a few more paces, then looked to his right. 

Reading club... 

He kept walking, lifting a hand to rub at the back of his neck as the sun beat down on him. 

Jump-rope club, Scrabble club, anime club. 

He really wasn't interested in even faking curiosity about them. 

Splash, what do you want me to do? 

Maybe his seal would be interested in something. 

He continued to wander around as it looked through his soft black eyes, scanning the area over and over again until it finally gave out a quiet, excited bark!

Ah? 

Stopping, he turned to face the booth that it had signaled to, but...

That's a lot of people. 

He wasn't a fan of crowds, but since his seal kept bobbing its head and shifting from flipper to flipper, he figured that it wouldn't hurt to at least go look.