Sailfish Six

"Use the desk."

Sailor wasn't sure if he should just walk out now or weather the oncoming storm for the sake of his calculus grade.

Where had the sudden electricity in the room come from?

"I know what you've done on that bed. Just let me clear off the desk. Then you guys can use it," Reed ground out as Sailor looked back at him for the sixth time.

Cass groaned in response from where he had taken a seat on the edge of the aforementioned bed.

"Dude, I wash my stuff regularly. You see me do it," he replied back in a much calmer tone.

That didn't seem to appease Reed, however, because his brother was now stomping over to the desk they evidently shared in the corner and trying to remove his towers of stuff from its surface.

There's nowhere for that to really go in here...

His brother seemed to realize that rather quickly, at least, because he was soon grumbling beneath his breath as he turned around to level a glare at Cassius.

Sailor was about to just drop down onto Cass's bed and be done with it when his brother quickly ran over, picked up his backpack and calculus book, and set the items down on his own bed.

"You guys can work here!"

He... didn't mind, but judging from the look on Cass's face, the guy wasn't as impressed.

"I know you at least made out with B—" the guy's words were abruptly cut off as Reed clamped his hands over Sailor's ears so that he couldn't hear anything more... though it was clear what the rest was going to be.

I really didn't need that mental image in my head.

He also didn't mind if his brother decided to date, as it wasn't really any of his business, but hearing that it was actually happening, out loud, made his face warm a little.

Before Sailor could even bother to try and calm his brother down, Reed was stomping out the door, leaving him alone with a grinning Cassius.

What even just happened?

"I always knew he was obsessed with your safety, but it's not like we're gonna do anything but study," Cassius said, his voice a sigh as he scooted back against his pillows, then looked up at him with a calm, questioning stare.

Sailor retrieved his things from his brother's bed, then settled on the edge of Cass's to get things sorted.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think he'd respond like that," he eventually said as he heard Cass move closer, clearly reading the signal that he wasn't going to actually climb onto the blankets.

He didn't mind using it as a chair, but he definitely wasn't going to just make himself at home, either.

Glad my brother at least acknowledged that Cass cleans his stuff a lot.

Though the idea of him doing anything on the bed he was now sitting on made his stomach itch. He didn't even know that such a sensation could even exist.

"Are you okay? We can go to the library if you're really uncomfortable?" Cassius said from right next to him, making Sailor jump a little as he looked to his left.

Ah, he'd already opened my book again, too.

"N-no, here is fine. It's not a whole lot," he replied, earning a small smile from Casisus as they finally got their little studying session underway.

Well, he'd said that it wasn't a lot, but evidently he understood a lot less of the material than he thought he did. Cass was also not nearly as nice as his professor when it came to getting things wrong.