Rise and Shine: Ch 4

Alby's bed had turned out to be much more comfortable than I expected. And besides for my slightly sore muscles and small headache I was feeling refreshed. I woke up because of some laughing boys in the room next door, but I didn't mind. 

No one else in the Glade was up so I took some time to myself and got ready. I braided my hair- which I thankfully remembered how to do- and put on a basic but comfy outfit right before a bell sounded. People began making their way to the kitchen and I followed.

___________________________________________________________

"Goodmorning, Alice!"

"Morning, Frypan."

"Ready for your big day?"

Huh.

"You get to try out for some jobs! Plus, I think Alby said there's gonna be a Gathering for you."

Ohhh, right. 

"Yeah, yeah. Which job will I be trying out first?"

"Not sure. You've probably gotta check with Newt 'cause Alby was supposed to supervise you, but he's busy with Minho today." said Frypan as he served me a breakfast plate.

"Alright, thanks. See you soon!"

     I ate breakfast alone since I really wasn't in the mood for talking yet. Still, I got a lot of glances from boys eating all around me. That only made me hurry to check in with Newt even more.

___________________________________________________________

     Newt already took me to tryout for the Cooks, Sloppers, and Track-Hoes. None of which I was good at. I knocked over a bunch of dishes, kept dropping cleaning supplies, and according to Zart, I was "planting the seeds too slowly." It's not my fault that all the different berries looked so interesting!

Now, it was time for the Med-Jacks. I was really only looking forward to this because I would get to hang out with Jeff. He seemed nice.

"JEFF I'M DYING!" screamed a younger sounding boy. Clint and Jeff were about to start training me, but that was clearly interrupted. Did my first patient really have to be someone who was dying?!

Newt opened the door of the Med-Hut and revealed a boy who looked about 14 years old with dirty-blonde curls and blue eyes. He was a few inches taller despite seeming younger than me.

Newt sighed, "False alarm! It's just Noah."

(A/N: IT'S WALKER SCOBELL YALL 💪💪)

I hadn't met this kid before but everyone seemed pretty annoyed by him judging  from how they rolled their eyes. 

"What's wrong this time, dude?" asked Jeff. 

"When I was working with Gally, he randomly got super close to my face and his eyebrows scared the shit out of me-"

"Language!" Newt yelled. 

"- but I was working pretty high up so I literally fell off the ladder! Just look at my arm!"

Once he raised his right arm up, I could see the large forming bruises and minor scrapes.