Rough Day: Ch.15

TW: SA is involved in this chapter! Might as well end of April by spreading awareness. 

***

"How should I wake 'em up? Scream in their ears or slap them with a pillow? Ooh, what if I pour water on them? Nah, too mean."

"Just do something already. I don't care how you wake them up, since I'm only here 'cause I'm stuck with you for 24 hours."

"Bet you enjoyed sleeping next to me last night, Gally."

"Worst experience ever. Now hurry up and get 'em out of bed."

That's when I felt something wet in my ear, waking me up.

"What the...Noah?" I asked before my eyes were even fully open.

"Gotcha!"

Then I realized what he did. He licked his finger and stuck it in my ear!

Ew, ew, ew, ew. Noah's literal saliva is in my ear.

"NOAH!" I yelled. I was definitely awake after that.

"Bloody hell, who's screaming at 7 in the morning?"

My eyes immediately darted to the cot next to me, which Newt was sitting up in. He stayed the whole night with me.

"Dammit, Alice! I was gonna do it to Newt too, before you woke him up first."

"Glad I saved him from that trauma then. I bet he'd rather hear me scream than suffer from that wet willy."

"Oh, he'd like to hear you scream all right." Gally muttered, looking at the ground half-asleep.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Noah.

"Don't worry about it, man."

What a peaceful way to wake up.

"I'm getting out of here. Nice and far away from the two of you. Come on, Newt." I said, not hesitating to walk out of the Med-Hut for a second.

"Gladly." Newt agreed.

"Good, 'cause we came since it's actually 10 in the morning, Newt! You overslept with your little girlfriend!" Gally shouted.

Hopefully Newt didn't hear that, it'd make things pretty awkward for us.

Luckily it seems as though he didn't, because he was already walking up to Alby.

As for me, I had to grab a small breakfast and head straight to work. I didn't have the luxury of being best friends with the first-in-command, and I surely didn't wanna get in trouble.

***

Since the job of Designer was still relatively new, I was told I could try figuring out whatever schedule worked for me. Helps that I was also the Keeper. So that day, I had decided to work alongside the Medjacks and take a break from designing the Builder's blueprints.

"Look who decided to show up!" Clint exclaimed.

"Good morning to you too." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"It's technically almost the afternoon, but it's fine. We'll let ya slide. Not a very busy day anyway." Jeff said.

I always tried to hide it, but he was definitely my favorite Medjack between the two.

"Good to hear. So, what have you guys been up to?

"Just treating one of the sick Builders. He's in the back room. Other than that, we're really just chilling."