Chapter 13- A sleepover with fri'ends'

Dogday goes back downstairs, he starts to cook some chocolate chip cookies for everyone. 23 chocolate chip cookies and one sugar cookie.

"I really wish I could have chocolate but I cant..." He sighs as he starts making the cookies.

He makes sugar cookie dough, grabs a small ball and rolls it out, putting it on one of the pans.
He then proceeds to add chocolate into the rest of the dough. Mixing it and making little cookie balls and putting the rest on the pans. (Theres two.)

He puts them in the oven as he waits for his friends to show up.

Catnap walks into the house so normally.

Dogday peers around the corner and sees Catnap.

"I came as soon as I could, were you okay by yourself?" Catnap asks as he makes it to the kitchen where dogday was peering.

"Yeah..." Dogday lies. He seemed okay, he thought he was okay.

But do you really wanna tell the scientists you remember? You were warned no good things would happen.

"Are you sure?" Catnap can tell Dogday had something going on.

"I was planning on telling the scientists I can remember some stuff.. whatever that means-"

"ARE YOU INSANE??? WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY WOULD DO TO YOU!!! WHY DO YOU WANT TO TELL THEM YOU REMEMBER STUFF??? ARE YOU TRYING TO GET YOURSELF KILLED???" Catnap screams in panic.

"But.. Im Richie, aren't I?" Dogday attempts to hold back tears.

"YOU ARENT RICHIE. YOUR MINDSET AND PERSONALITY BELONGS TO RICHIE BUT YOU ARENT HIM." Catnap yells some more.

"Oh... but Richie was killed in order to make me. That isnt fair." Dogday tilts his head.

"WOULD YOU JUST QUIT IT??? YOU ARENT RICHIE! YOU CANT JUST THINK THAT!!!"

As the fighr continues.
Dogday began to remember more.

"Im Richie, I know I am." Dogday snaps.

"NO YOU ARENT. YOU ARENT RICHIE AT ALL. WHY CANT YOU SEE THAT???" Catnap began to cry a little bit.

"You're Theodore." Dogday says.
Dogday remembered some more as Richie.
Dogday got his memories as Richie. He remembers everything now.

"..." Catnap can't take it anymore.
"Im sorry." Catnap pulls Dogday into a hug, and releases his poppy gas. Putting Dogday to sleep.

Catnap sighs and picks Dogday who is now asleep up, carries him to the couch, and sets him down.

Catnap falls to the ground, in tears.
"This isnt right."
"I didn't want him to find out."
"I dont want to lose him. I never wanted to lose him."

Catnap remembers everything too.

Catnap wipes his tears and gets up after a good minute of sobbing.

He checks on the cookies for Dogday.
10 more minutes.

He goes back in the living room and sits next to Dogday.
He holds onto the sleeping Dogday tightly, but gentle enough not to wake him.

'Why did he have to find out so early? He isn't Richie. Im not Theodore. But we own their memories and interests and personalities. We aren't them, we are just built around them. Its like coating a bunny in chocolate and freezing it so it would take form. The chocolate isnt the bunny, it just takes form of the bunny, the chocolate is itself, its just build around the bunny. I wish Dogday would understand that...'
He thought to himself as he held Dogday who was still asleep.