Chapter 22- The beginning

The CEO for once in his life shows up to his job.

"I see... I think we are ready for a grand reopening.. or whatever.." The CEO looks at a chart of all the toys he has made.

"We may need to make more.. but lets get to work.." He laughs.

He goes to the front, opening the doors and setting up for the reopening.

He also puts up a few advertisements for new toys and stuff like that and also some "Now Hiring (scientists)" On front.

Who knows what he did with those old scientists body.

He also somehow got Home Sweet Home all fixed up and Mrs Delight and her sisters are back to work.

Very quick huh?

—-

Dogday was woken up by Mrs Delight. Catnap stayed asleep.

"The CEO got the place back together... we need to be up and prepared.. I woke the others up.." She says as the dog sits up.

"Alright... ill get breakfast started.. can you send them all here for breakfast?" Dogday asks as he rubs his eyes and gets off the couch.

"Sure thing!" Mrs Delight smiles and leaves.

Dogday starts making some pancakes and sausage and eggs. Getting the table set up for everyone to eat at.

Pouring cups of Apple Juice and getting the syrup and ketchup out.

He goes over to the couch where Catnap rests.

"Catnap.. wake up.." He says as he shakes the cat.

"Dogdayyyy.." Catnap wakes up and smiles. As he's laying down he clings onto Dogday.

"I have breakfast ready... we have a busy day today.." Dogday picks up Catnap and carries him to the dining room.

"Wow you're fancy.." Catnap smirks as he sits down.

"I just wanted everyone with full bellies until lunch.." Dogday sits next to Catnap.

He graps the syrup and ketchup and pours ketchup on Catnaps eggs, and the syrup on the already buttered pancakes.

"Oh thanks Dogday.. I could have done it myself.." Catnap smiles at the immediate gesture.

"I just wanted to help.." Dogday weakly smiles as he pours syrup on his pancakes and eggs.

"Ou I always wanted to try syrup on eggs!" Catnap watches Dogday.

Dogday smiles and grabs his fork and picks up a piece of the syrup covered eggs, feeding it to Catnap.

"Mhh! That's actually good.. too bad I always ear ketchup on mine..." Catnap lights up.

"Sorry I should have asked what you wanted on your eggs.." Dogday awkwardly smiles.

"No its not your fault I always eat my eggs this way!!" Catnap reassures Dogday.

Everyone else comes into Dogdays house, giving eachother nice "Goodmornings" as they sit wherever and putting whatever they want on their food.

Everyone chows down their breakfast.

"We have such a busy day todayyyy.." Kickin groans.

"I cant believe the CEO showed up randomly!!" Bobby crosses her arms.

"I know.. its tough and stupid.. we just have to get through it together." Dogday sighs as he finishes the last bit of his pancakes.

"Thanks for the breakfast.." Picky smiles. "You did good!"

"Anything for you guys.." Dogday smiles.

"I guess we have to follow a schedule now with this reopening.." Catnap sighs.

"Yeah... we better head to the school to meet the kids.. and also welcome people to playcare." Bubba says.

"You guys go do that... i'll clean up breakfast." Dogday smiles.

"Ill help you." Catnap puts his paw on Dogdays shoulder.

—-

The critters head to the school, Dogday and Catnap clean up well and follow behind shortly after.

Mrs delight is in her classroom.

"There you guys are!" She smiles as all the smiling critters enter her classroom.

"I see we have a sudden busy day.." Catnap slumps onto the ground.

"It sucks... the CEO did this without warning.." Mrs delight flips through stacks of paper.

"Well.. we all have to get through it." Kickin rolls his eyes.

Dogday is quiet.

"Is something bothering you Dogday?" Bobby looks and studies the dog in concern.

"Theres a question I want answered but its not appropriate for the time being..." He replies.

"What is it?" Mrs delight asks.

Dogday looks down.
"What is a Prototype...?" He asks.

Mrs delight and Catnap both have this shocked expression, almost full of rage.

Everyone else is confused.

"Thats a good question..." Crafty says.

"Its been bothering me... everytime-" Dogday was about to speak but Catnap instantly covered his mouth.

"That question isn't really appropriate right now... as well as the context." Catnap says.

"Yeah... lets not discuss that right now.." Mrs delight looks to her side, then goes back to flipping through papers.

The other critters nod.

Catnap slowly releases his paw off of Dogdays snout.

Dogday takes a deep breath.

"Well, ill need you guys to help with the kids during free time... while they are with me.. you entertain the parents..." Mrs delight smiles.

"Sounds good..." Picky smiles.

The other critters nod and go to do there own thing.

They all decide to have a little picnic, they don't spend much time together anymore.

"Has anyone noticed that it gets colder at night?" Hoppy asks as she messes with her floppy ears.

"I wouldn't know for sure.." Catnap puts his paw to his face, thinking.

"Its gotten hot for me.." Picky sighs.

"It feels the same.." Bubba sighs. "I think you guys are probably feeling different things because of the location of your homes.." He says.

Dogday looks over at all their homes, built in a fake forest.
"I dont see any type of ventilation over there... probably just based on furr... or how we sleep.." Dogday says.

"Interesting... smarter than Bubba." Crafty smiles.

"Hey!!!" Bubba gets all pouty.

"Well... maybe we should all sleep outside!" Bobby suggests.

"That could work!!" Dogday smiles.

"Lets make it to where we don't have anything to sleep on!!" Hoppy smiles.

"We still have... 7 hours until bedtime.. and no parents have came yet.." Bubba sighs.

"Mood killer!!!!" Hoppy shouts.

"Not my fault... just reminding yall.." Bubba shrugs.

"I mean we were planning ahead of time... better than last minute.." Catnap says, swaying his tail side to side.

"Yeah!!! Shut up smarty pants!!!" Hoppy laughs.

"Guys... this........... sandwich.." Dogday looks at his magical sandwich.

"Hmm?" Everyone pauses to look at Dogday.

"Is dn..." Dogday sighs.

"Whats dn?" Catnap asks.

"..."