Chapter 2 - Chan

Year: 2022
Location: somewhere in Australia
Temperature: HOT AS BANG CHAN

Vanessa's pov

- Mom, where is my phone? - I ask.

-How am I supposed to know? Isn't it in your backpack?  -  she asks.

I search in every pocket of the backpack, and I realize that it isn't there. I start to panic…WHERE DID I LEFT MY PHONE!?!!?

- Vanessa is everything okay? - my mom asks, noticing my uneasiness.

- MOM, I THINK I LOST MY PHONE - I say in complete panic.

- Vanessa, my dear, CALM DOWN. I’m going to call you - she says.

They hear something ringing. Vanessa searches for the source of sound. She finally found it. It was coming from her shorts back pocket and there stood her phone.

- Thank you, Mom, what would I do without you? - i say as i hug her

- You are very distracted nowadays, what's on your mind? Is it a boy? - she asks, poking my arm.

- Tsk, nooo, as if a boy would find me attractive? -  I roll my eyes.

- Why not? Besides, you are going to another country in the fall, which means, more chances to find yourself a boyfriend - she says smirking.

My mom is very traditional, she still believes that for a woman to have a good life, has to marry a rich man. That's why she is always talking about guys and dating.

- Mom, I told you this before. I don’t need a boyfriend right now. I don't need a man to be happy - I respond, looking a bit mad. ( go queen slay)

- Don't be mad, sweetheart, I just want what's best for you. Do you know where we are? - she asks.

- Of course I do - I say confidently.

…no, I don't know where we are.
The only thing I know is that I came with my mom to spend a few days relaxing at the beach. We are outside of the airport, and I don't know where the hotel is, because I’m terrible with directions. I have to distract my mom so I can approach that guy over there.

A few meters from Vanessa and her mother, there's a guy with curly hair, who isn't very tall and despite being 41 degrees Celsius, he is wearing black clothes.
He doesn't have any luggage so he must be from here, I'm going to ask him. Oh wait…the distraction…right

- Mom look to your right, there's a kangaroo next you!!!- I lie.

- OH MY GOD REALLY!?!? - she exlcaims.

I can't believe that she thought that was true, but that gave me enough time to run and talk to the guy.

- Hey, can you help me? - I ask nervously

- Sure, how can I help you? - he asks with a friendly smile.

- Where’s the hotel xxxxxxx? - I ask.

- Oh, I know that hotel, my mom is the owner - he says.

That's how I met Chan. After that encounter, I thought I would never see him again. Months later, in Korea, we run into each other, and we talk for hours.

- If you need anything, just call me. Okay? - he said

I called him and that's how I got this job.

You are probably asking yourself: how can someone, whose parents are owners of hotels, be working at a convenience store?
Well then, there's something you should know about Mr. Banhg…

An: Who's your straykids bias?