chapter 4 - Christmas eve

Year: 2023
Weather: COLD YOUR HEART

Vanessa's pov

It was the morning of Christmas eve. Vanessa has been off work...well...since yesterday.

Hi, good morning. I just woke up and felt like absolute trash. My whole-body aches and not because I do insane workouts, but because I sleep in terrible positions.

I stretch my muscles and rub the sleep off my eyes. I walk to the window of my room to open the blinds to see how the weather looks like. To my dismay, the weather looks like how I feel. Terrible. It's raining a lot and I hate it.

As I am on vacation, I will not take my pyjamas to dress nicely. It's not like a charming prince will knock on my door and save me from this living hell that most of us call life. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate life, but those bullies at uni don't let me rest.

Last weekend I went shopping and I bought a beautiful white shirt. I tried it on at the store and I felt good and confident wearing it. I loved how it fitted.

Four days ago...

I was all alone like usual, by the lockers. I was there to pick up some books I needed for the next class. I opened the locker door and took my Korean book and my notebook. Peeking behind the door, I saw a group of girls approaching wearing similar outfits. (No, they aren't sisters)

The blond hair girl is Mina, her parents are real-estate agents and her brother, Hyunjin, is a model for Versace.
Mina looked fierce with her cat-like eyes and her intense stare.

Next to Mina walked Yuna, a brown-haired girl with black round glasses. Unlike Mina, Yuna had a sweet and innocent demeanour.

Probably because she was the youngest of the trio or because she was the only one with a boyfriend, who walked next to her with their hands intertwined. Jeongin, his ginger hair stood out of the crowd gathering in the hallway.

Behind those two bitches was Minji with her shiny black hair, perfect makeup and clothes. Minji radiated goddess energy, but the way she acts seems always so fake. (just like her boobs).

She walked towards her locker, which happens to be right next to mine (universe, I fucking love ya). Minji took her books out and slammed the door like she had chosen violence that morning. She paused to look at me from top to bottom and scoff.

- You really think you are something with that new shirt, huh? - she said.

- I don't know what you mean? - I asked confused.

Without saying anything else, she threw the drink she had been sipping on since she came in, on my brand-new white shirt.

- Girl, this is the third shirt you ruin. If you want to take my clothes off so badly, just call me on a date, babe - I said.

- As if, you aren't that attractive. Besides, I'm straight!! - she yelled.

- So why are you invading my personal space like you want to kiss me - I continued flirting.

- BITCH, ARE YOU CRAZY??? - she shouted.

- Nah, I don't know about you, though. I think I drive you crazy, bae. Don't you think? - i asked playfully.

She disappeared in the crowd, but before she looked at me once again and I just winked at her. She was flustered, with more blush than her original look.

You know that saying: "keep the loved ones close and the enemies closer". Well, Vanessa didn't see Minji as an enemy, but for some reason, Minji felt threatened by her. Especially by Vanessa's brain.

Vanessa is exceptionally smart and Minji is jealous of her.

On top of that, the Mexican girl held one of Minji's many secrets...

Back to the present

I grab my smoothie-stained shirt from the bed to wash it. I look at the stain.
Minji, if you knew what I know about you...you wouldn't dare to lay a finger on me...but you did and there's no turning back.

I proceed to wash the shirt and put it in the air dryer machine. I go to the kitchen to make myself breakfast. Nothing too fancy, just some toast and chocolate milk.
What? I'm still a college student and my field isn't cooking. So shh...

Vanessa's phone placed on the kitchen counter lights up with a notification. Vanessa picks her phone to see:

Johnny (João)
10:40 am

Hey nessa, do you wanna
hang out today?

Yess, Johnny. What time?

I'll pick you up at 1:30 pm.
Let's grab some lunch
and then we can go shopping.
What do you think?

THAT 'S AMAZING!!!
See you soon.

See yaaa <33

I can feel you asking how they met, but I'm not going to tell you...
Yet.

An: It's actually on the next chapter...