chapter 3 - João/ Johnny

Bang Chan’s pov

Flashback

I know you are wondering who the fuck is João, then hold your horses because we are getting there.

I was 14 years old when I discovered that my dream was to produce music. At this age, I was so excited about this idea that I didn't think about anything else. I mean literally.

My friends would come to my house to play football outside or to play games, but I always turned them down. I preferred to stay at home, with my hands on the keyboard to produce the most beautiful melodies I could.

In my mind, I was meant to be a successful music producer.

Bang Chan recalls his childhood memories, leaning back in his office chair.

My parents loved me and supported this dream of mine. I don't know if I could call it a dream. At a certain point it was more like a goal I had in life.

Dreams are just dreams if you don't work for them, but I did. I invested my time learning how to play piano, how to dance and how to sing. I did my best, but that wasn't enough or maybe it was…

My parents bought all the music material i have, now gaining dust at my house in Australia or not…maybe they sold it.

I didn’t quit making music, the rhythm still runs in my blood and my desire to be a producer didn't die. It is still there, but I lost the financial support when my dad kicked me out of the house.

That's why I ended up working here. My mom sent me to Korea and got me this job, so I could earn money to pursue my dream and live a better life.

My dad found out that I am gay.
As you might know, he didn't take it very well and my mom tried to talk him out of it. It was pointless, my dad is very stubborn.

Now, you might be a little confused about my offer to Vanessa, since I asked her if she wanted to spend Christmas with my family.
Well, this family isn't blood related.
We might not share the same blood, but we share the same dreams.

Chan keeps diving in his past when he remembers the face of someone. His first boyfriend. (and still is)

I first met him at uni. He wasn't from my class, but we had a subject in common. Spanish.

I thought he was cute, with his dark short hair, sweet smile and square shaped glasses. He seemed to be a very caring guy, by the way he treated his friends.

Everything about this guy was amazing, until I found out that he also loved music, just as much as I do. That's how he got my heart.
Once in class, I noticed that he was sitting alone at the table, so I decided to approach him.

- Hi, is this seat taken? - I ask.

- Nah, you can seat - he shyly answers.

A wave of awkwardness surrounds the guys. Until he breaks the silence.

- I'm João, nice to meet you - he says with a smile.

- Chris, it's nice to meet you too - I reply.

- You have a nice name, João, are you from Korea? - I ask.

- I am Portuguese. I came from Portugal. You should visit it sometime. The weather and the food there are amazing - he says.

- Now, I’m interested - I reply.

(yes Chan, you better be and bring your ass here)

After that conversation, we became closer. We wouldn’t see each other very often, so we texted a lot.

I saw him again during a night out with my friends at a bar. The last place I thought to see someone like him. Such an innocent guy surrounded by drunk people getting it on.

However, he was different. His hair wasn't dark anymore, he was blonde, and he didn’t wear his glasses.

I watch him down the shots of liquor and getting into the dance floor with his girlfriends. They danced beside him for some time, but they left him alone, since some hot guys caught their attention.

He shined under the colourful lights of the bar as he swayed his hips to the rhythm of the song. I was hypnotized by his moves, by his shirt halfway unbuttoned, showing a bit of his chest.
One of Chan's friends taps him on the shoulder, pulling him out of his trance.

- Bro are you in love with that guy or something? - he asks, raising an eyebrow.

- What do you mean? - I ask confused.

Man, you have been watching that guy dance for about half an hour. You seem like a creep if you don't talk to him - he explains.

- I don't have the courage to do it - I frown.

- Oh, trust me. I have the right thing to give you some motivation - he said smirking.

Chan's friend hands him a shot of vodka. After drinking a bit more and being a little tipsy, Chan goes to João (yeeees chan, go get your man)

- Heeeeyyy, do you wanna dance? - i  slurr.

- Yeahhh - he replies.

I put my hands on his waist and pull him closer to me, until I can feel his breath. We start to move, his hands on my shoulder holding on me tightly. When the song ends, I look in his eyes and down to his lips which I'm dying to touch.

You can imagine what happened next.

An: Hey, how you doin 😏