Dancing in the light

The city at night is always Kyla's favorite time to drive around. The lights swirling around her black helmet as she swerves through traffic. The late night traffic is lighter than usual, but the redlights are still as frequent as ever though.

The motorcycle revs loudly in the night as Kyla dips past cars and pulls into a long ally way. It's dark and gloomy. Flickering lights lead to a large door with a man standing guard. He's wearing all black and his shirt is tight, like the stitches are about to snap.

Kyla parks her bike off to the side and pulls off her helmet, letting out her fiery red hair and releaving her perfect freckled face. She pulls off her gloves and secures her gear before walking over to the tall bulky man, her boots thump against the ground as she does so.

She unzips her black bomber jacket, showing off a white shirt that hugs her body nicely. The jeans she wears are just as snug as the shirt.

The man stares down Kyla. All he does is groan when she approaches him.

"Yeah, yeah, Moose," She says as she pulls out her wallet to show her ID.

The mans stares at the ID with narrowed eyes then groans and nods towards the door.

"Thank you," Kyla says.

The woman opens the door and walks in. She's met with a long stairwell that heads down. At the end are flashing lights, music, chatter, laughter and the sound of glasses clanking together.

Once Kyla reaches the end of the steps, she's enveloped by the action of the club. People dancing, drinking, or making out in corners. Some sitting at round tables watching people pole dance or strip, throwing money at the entertainers.

Kyla enjoys the atmosphere of the club, the liveliness and electricity in the air fills the woman's soul. And it isn't the best thing about the club either.

This club was special. Very few people know about it. This is a club that employs humans as dancers and entertainers for the patrons.

It's rare for clubs such as this to exist especially in America. There are laws to owning a human. Not only that but humans are luxury items so it's extremely hard to own one.

So the people who can't afford a human go to the club or the blackmarket to get one.

Kyla doesn't know how to access the black market, but she does have access to the club.

The young woman weaves her way around people like she does with cars on the road. She takes a seat at a lonely half circled booth with a table accompanying it. It's her booth. Kyla has come here so often that the booth is specifically reserved for her.

An iced bottle of ginn sits on the table along with a glass already poured for her. Kyla stretches her arms out on the booth chairs and crosses her legs.

A man comes walking up to the woman's table. "Always a pleasure to see you here, Kyla," He's wearing suit pants with suspenders. His pecks and abs gleaming from the sweat and flashing lights above.

"Always a pleasure to be here, Bo," She says as she reaches for her drink.

Jesse smirks, always charmed to see Kyla. "Would you like the usual?"

Kyla finishes taking a gulp of ginn and sets the glass aside. "Mmm, I'm feeling a little ambitious tonight... I want something new."

Bo smiles brightly and claps his hands in joy. "Wonderful! We just got a new human in a few weeks ago." He leans on the table and whispers to the woman. "She is shy though, but I'm sure you'll treat her well."

Kyla hums thougtfully. The red-haired woman has always been nutural when it came to the treatment of humans. It's odd since the middle and lower class giants have been treated like they're lesser beings compared to the rich and powerful. Maybe it's because of the power she has over humans.