03

They were in Bahrain now.

It hadn't been that many days since Sunday and yet all anyone could talk about was the rookie who won her first race in the first race of her first season, beating the dominant Mercedes in a Red Bull.

Like always, Seraphina was the centre of attention.

She gained fans and she gained haters.

Kids ran up to her wanting autographs and pictures, so did older ones, and she gave them happily. As she entered the paddock cameras were drawn her way, she even noticed the Netflix one in the distance.

Seraphina remembered being called in by Netflix, walking into a big room with a big camera at the end of it, a crew standing around the area that had dark grey, almost black, carpets around, making a make-shift room.

She had moved into the space, sitting down and moving around a bit to make herself comfortable. The director, who was somewhere behind the camera, told her to introduce herself. So she did.

She hadn't know how the clip was going to be used until the first Drive To Survive season was posted a few weeks ago. It hadn't appeared until the last episode.

Around half way through the tenth episode it started to build up to her introduction.

The teams were helpless to Mercedes's dominance. No one knew what to do. They felt like there was nothing they could do to stop them. But then there was this talk of a driver in Formula 2. This great driver who had made their way around motorsport for the past decade. Audio clips began playing from a bunch of different races and championships she had won.

The rookie wins the first race of the season! Hills wins once again, continuing her dominance! And Seraphina Hills has won the championship!

Stuff like that from the commentators over and over again from NASCAR to her Touring years and to her sports car years all the way until Formula E and Formula 2 from last year. With the audio came pictures and videos from different races all flashing by quicker and quicker, until there was a picture of her on top of one of her cars dressed in her racing suit with her iconic skull helmet on, none of her face visible, with her arms spread wide and head tilted upwards whilst you saw the fans completely wild surrounding her car, looking up at her like she was some god. Then in the background you heard; The Wonder Rookie, Seraphina Hills, strikes again.

Very dramatic. She was rather fond of the nickname though.

Then came many of the team principals talking about their struggles the past years, how it all seemed impossible, and then they'd talk about her, including people outside of the teams like Will Buxton.

They made her sound like some legend, a myth, that would save them.

It added onto the legend status when McLaren's team principal, Zak Brown, said; 'Whoever gets her has the best chances of beating Mercedes next season'.

Right after he said that the screen switched to Christian Horner with a satisfied smile on his face.

Then it cut to the same room without anyone in it, the chair empty until a woman moved into the scene and turned, sitting down in it. Curly dark hair with dark brown eyes wearing a black top and layered necklaces around her neck. She moved a little around on the chair, flicking her hair over her shoulders and out of her face.

'Look in the camera and state your name' was heard from behind the camera.

Her eyes looked into the camera and she spoke with an English accent, 'I'm Seraphina Hills'.