04

How long could a press conference last?

Forever.

At least that's what it felt like.

Seraphina was sure she had sat there for hours, even if in truth it had only been around six minutes.

It didn't help that she was tense throughout the entire thing, which just made it that much worse.

On one side sat Lando and then on the other side sat Sebastian. What made her tense was that she was sitting next to Lewis. Why? Seraphina did not know. She did not understand for the life of her why that ended up being the order, but it did and now she was stuck with it.

For the most part of the press conference, she was truly zoned out. She could kind of hear what was being asked, but she only snapped out of it when she heard her name, else way it was just a distant noise in the background as her eyes focused on a random spot in the room and played with one of her rings.

She slightly loosened it and twisted it around her pointer finger, until she pulled it off and started rolling it over her fingers.

It was completely random that she looked over at Lando, but when she did she saw that he was completely transfixed on her actions, not able to take his eyes off what she was doing with a slight furrow in between his eyebrows.

A beat

She stopped the trick she had taught herself in pure boredom over the years and looked back at the front of the room, holding her ring out to him. Lando looked over at her questioningly, before he took a hold of it and started to play with it too.

After ish a minute when she glanced at his actions it became obvious that he was trying to copy what she was doing. And he was very clearly failing. Her lips twitched up into a small amused smile and she leaned slightly towards him to whisper, "I'll teach you another day."

He raised his eyebrows, "Really?"

"Mhm," she nodded and gave him a wink before she again turned back to the front of the room, letting him play with her ring for the rest of the time they were going to be stuck here.

She heard him mutter, "Thanks."

Just as she took a sip from her can of Red Bull she heard her name being called, "Seraphina. So far you have only qualified on podium and won both races of the season without much of a challenge. Are we going to see the same dominance this weekend?"

She forced herself to swallow the liquid before she moved a little in her seat and answered, "Um, I mean, for your sake I hope not. Racing is more fun when there's some competition. And I think so too to be honest. It's a little boring to just get the lead and not get challenged, but with the drivers I'm surrounded with I don't think that's gonna last long." She put on a joking voice, "I mean, I'm only a rookie, right?"

Her last comment made some smile as she leaned away from the microphone, statement over with and they moved on. The thing was that she felt eyes burning into her and she glanced to her right, meeting Lewis's eyes as he subtly looked over at her. His eyes narrowed when he saw her looking back, but he turned back to look at the reporters on the floor, his jaw clenching.

Soon enough the press conference was over and the four of them began moving. Seraphina held out her hand toward Lando when she had stood up and he saw, then gave her ring back to her and smiled at her before he passed. She grabbed her can and hurried out, finally out of there.

"Seraphina," she heard being called after her and it made her walk a little quicker, ignoring him like she hadn't heard him. Clearly he saw the change of pace and hurried after her. "Seraphina. Sera, please."