12

Seraphina loved challenges. Just in general but also specifically the type of game challenge. What a fun coincidence that Formula One had a habit of having those.

They were in Hungary, the last race week before summer break. It would have also been her last chance to keep her seat if she hadn't won last week, but she did win so it wasn't a problem. She and Max moved towards the Honda sports car, her towards the passenger seat and him going to the other side. They had played rock, scissors, paper to figure out who would drive first.

Max won.

For once a man didn't start with rock.

Seraphina had to stop herself from commenting about the car's look. It was so beautiful. The interior too. God. She couldn't wait to get behind the wheel.

She glanced up at the guy near the panel that turned on the red lights, which they had been allowed to use for this small little competition. The whole idea was that they were going to do one lap each and they'd be timed, whoever getting the fastest time wins.

Seraphina adjusted the camera that was placed on the windshield and when she sat back in the seat Max turned to her and jokingly said, "Ready to get your ass beat?"

A chuckle left her lips, a smile forming as she turned back to the front, her tongue tracing over her teeth, "Uh-huh."

One of the guys held up his thumb for both them and the guy controlling the lights to see. They turned on and she quickly made sure the seatbelt was properly secured. The lights turned off and Max slammed his foot down on the accelerator, shooting away from where they stood in front of the starting line.

It was difficult for her not to take notice of a few mistakes he made here and there. Like why he chose not to drift through the turns, instead turning the way they usually did in their cars. It was probably just because that's what he's used to, what comes naturally, but it was a mistake and it made him slow.

She was still enjoying herself. Getting to sit in the passenger seat was fun, being able to experience the accelerating adrenaline of the speed without being the one behind the wheel... though being behind the wheel was more fun.

Seraphina couldn't help but add a few annoying comments here and there. Like; 'ever heard of full throttle, mate?' or 'where's the speed, man?'. She was joking, only doing it to piss him off.

And it was working. The amount of dirty looks he gave her through his lap was just amusing.

Max did a descent lap: 1.45.678. Not the fastest in history, but not the worst either.

He made a few mistakes that she'd tell him about later if he wanted her to. So he probably could have gotten a better lap time if he did it correctly.

It was her turn now and as she sat down in the seat giddiness rushed through her. It made her smile as her fingertips brushed over the steering wheel. Max closed the door behind him and she turned towards him with a grin, clapping her hands excitedly, "You ready for a three-time GT champion to beat you?"

He rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms like a hurt child.

She tutted, gesturing to his seat belt, "Put it on. You're not dying on my watch. Nuh-uh."

He scoffed but did as she told him to and she gave one of the guys a small sign that they were ready. It made him give a thumbs up and the lights turned on one by one.

She saw the flicker and her foot slammed down on the accelerator, flashing down the straight and as she neared the first turn second nature took over as she turned her steering wheel in the way that made her slide through the corner.