05

Seraphina woke up to the feeling of being slapped on the back of her head.

Her eyebrows furrowed as her hand rested against the spot that was slapped and with confusion shining in her eyes, she turned around to face Nico, who sat in the driver's seat of his car.

"What was that?!" she yelled at him.

He held out his hand, eyes wide and in defence, he yelled right back, "You weren't waking up!"

"And you had to slap me?!"

"Yes!"

She frowned, blinking at him, then, "Why?!"

"You weren't waking up!" he yelled again. Then he sighed, pinching his fingers together as he took a deep breath. Then he told her, a whole lot more calm and quiet, "We're here."

She gave him a look, pursing her lips, "Why couldn't you have told me that?"

He took another calming breath, "You were not answering, woman."

Her eyes narrowed, one hand reaching over to the door handle, "Piss off, Britney."

An annoyed expression made its way across his face as he watched her move out of his car. He shook his head when he got out too, muttering under his breath in German, "Why do I deal with her? Why do I deal with her?"

Seraphina opened the door to the boot of the car, grabbed the handle of her suitcase, then the other one and closed the door, letting it slam as it closed.

Nico gave her another look, offended almost, "It's not a toy."

Her eyebrows furrowed again, "And it's not fucking glass either." Then she shrugged, patting the metal surface, "Maybe she likes it rough, Nico. Let her have her kinks, okay?"

Nico looked genuinely baffled, gaping slightly as he watched her leave. After a second he shook his head, following after her and when he caught up with her he wondered out loud, "Why am I friends with you?"

"'Cause I'm the only one you got," she answered right away, not looking at him so not noticing the offended look he sent her way.

He pressed the button to the elevator, still in somewhat of a trance, thinking about what she just said. He shook his head, watching as the doors opened and they both stepped inside, him rolling one of her suitcases whilst she took the other one.

They were silent as they began they ascend, but he took an inhale of breath and spoke, "You know, the worst part is I'm used to you saying weird shit, but somehow you still manage to absolutely baffle me every single time."

His comment made her grin over at him, the ding of the elevator arriving at the chosen floor coming from the speakers and the doors began opening again, "It's a skill innit."

He rolled his eyes and muttered something that sounded like 'shut the fuck up' but she couldn't be a hundred per cent sure.

They walked through the hallway after exiting the elevator, moving until they stopped at the familiar door and he knocked before opening it, letting her enter first and following afterwards. Jokingly he yelled out, "Honey! I'm home!"

Just as they closed the door they heard footsteps and Vivian came around the corner, smiling as she saw her husband and kissed him before she moved over to Seraphina. Her smile brightened and she held out her arms, embracing her into a hug, "God, I've missed you."

It made her let out a laugh or a giggle... something of a mix. "I've missed you too, Vivi."

They fell into a conversation, catching up, as shoes were taken off and jackets hung up on the rack. They began walking inside the apartment, rolling her suitcases along the entree and towards one of the guest bedrooms she'd be staying in for the week-long break before the next race week.