11

she tossed and turned on the cold ground of the first floor, deeply missing the desk leg she had previously slept against. she didn't remember falling asleep last night, let alone falling asleep on the concrete floor. despite the coldness of the ground, she felt something warm draped over her body. a red flannel. the same flannel she saw eunhyuk wearing the day before.

"fuck." she mumbled before stiffly sitting up. she could see the sun begin to rise through the cracks of the barricaded main gate. she tossed the flannel off her body before standing up.

she jumped at the loud commotion coming from the stair door. she glanced over to see the handsome man from the other night ripping off all the items used to block the door. he's been busy.

she glanced over some more to see hyunsoo with eunhyuk. her gaze met hyunsoo's with a questioning look. she quirked an eyebrow to him, to which he shrugged; it was obvious he was hiding something. eunhyuk leaned over to whisper something to hyunsoo. it was completely inaudible from where she was standing, but the fearful look on hyunsoo's face had her worried.

hyunsoo quickly disappeared into the stairwell, she took this as an opportunity to approach eunhyuk, "where's he going?"

"none of your business." he replied shortly before brushing past her. not having the energy to argue with him, she grabbed his arm before shoving the flannel back to him, "here, i didn't even need it."

"you were shivering last night, was i just supposed to let you freeze to death?" eunhyuk inquired, pushing up his glasses.

"i don't need you to take care of me, i can take care of myself. don't try to act like you care." she spat back, turning to walk away.

"where are you going?"

"there will be more infected people soon." jisu dashed with both jaeheon and dasom on her trail.

"so?" jaeheon inquired.

"so it's not going to be safe here either." dasom answered, now walking next to jisu at the same pace while they made their way through the first floor.

"it's still safer than the outside." he reasoned, trying to stop the two girls.

dasom stopped and turned to face jaeheon, "are we so sure of that? these people were willing to vote someone out that posed no threat, they were willing to murder him. i think these people are no better than these monsters, if not worse."

"do you want to come?" jisu interjected, "to where?"

jisu finally stopped her pace as well, "a way to survival."

after some time, and some searching, the three of them gathered blankets and sheets, along with some spray paint found on the floors from a paint job months ago.

they all worked quietly to tie the blankets and sheets together until jisu scooted closer to dasom to talk to her in a hushed whisper.

"you got pretty angry yesterday." she whispered, not taking her focus off creating knots from the sheets.

dasom briefly paused, a small blush of embarrassment dusting on her cheeks. she cleared her throat, "i— i just didn't like how they talked about my friend. that's all." she mumbled dismissively.