25

"what is that jerk trying to do with hyunsoo?" eunyu grumbled, following closely behind eunhyuk. dasom had tagged along with them after blowing up at hyunsoo not that long ago, knowing that she would explode if she was alone.

"i don't know." he stated, "he's cooperative for now, so provoking him won't do any good."

"it's obvious that he's a psycho." eunyu looked over her shoulder at the door.

dasom leaned against the table, now sitting next to eunhyuk. she watches quietly as he passes the "special infectee report guide" to eunyu who skims through it, "what about it? what do you want to do with it?"

"it's tempting, right?" he adds, "it's a good deal." he sighs, glancing over the guide.

"so?" she questioned, "you want to sell hyunsoo out so we can survive?"

"why not?" dasom speaks up, voice eerily monotonous, "he doesn't care about anything anymore, what do we really have to lose?"

"do you really believe this?" eunyu questions, "just be your twisted self, eunhyuk."

"exactly." he states, making both the girls look at him with confusion, "this "shelter" sounds ridiculous. you don't know who'll turn into a monster when, so how can they secure safety?"

he sits up before continuing, "when someone is sure about keeping a promise when it's hardly possible, there's a good chance it's a lie."

"so what will you do?" she quips.

"i'll go talk to hyunsu first." he shoves the pamphlet into his shirt pocket and stands up, dasom soon following.

she scoffs, unzipping the jacket hyunsu had given her and holding it in her hand, "good luck. with that asshole following him around, he can barely form his own thoughts without seeking approval from that freak." she spat, speed walking out of the room.

eunyu watched with worry, glancing up at eunhyuk now. he sighs, "keep an eye on her, i think she's on the verge of a psychotic breakdown." soon, he exits the room, leaving eunyu alone.

dasom found a trash can, shoving the jacket into it. she ignored people's stares from around her as she heads over to her old backpack, putting back on her old gray jacket. she sighs, sliding down the wall and closing her eyes. she wanted this day over, to act like it never happened. she needed sleep, her body was solely running on fumes now.

she falls asleep almost the minute she closes her eyes, but not before someone puts a blanket over her, hoping to give her some comfort. she felt nimble fingers brush hair from her face, ghosting over her cheekbone. she heard him sigh, the familiar sound of glasses being pushed up, and him speeding away. she knew better than anyone who this was.

"move away!" dasom shoots awake when sangwook runs past her with yuri on his back. her eyes widened as she scrambled to her feet to run after them. she stops as she watches an unknown force launch them to the ground.

it's no other than uimyeong. he strides forward, stepping on sangwook's forearm with his boot as he desperately tries to hit it off of him.

"what's the matter?" hyunsu asks, finally making an appearance.

"they were trying to leave." he holds up the car key, wiggling it between his fingers.