27 | EPILOGUE

an explosion followed by gunshots rang out throughout the complex. dasom hadn't even had time to register the noise before she was pulled by jisu out of the room. everyone met in the lobby, frantically looking for a way out. eunhyuk and yikyung rushed over to them, concerned. he quickly opted for them to use the tunnel's underground.

dasom was skeptical, but followed them, helping eunhyuk usher people while yikyung led the line. eunhyuk helped dasom down, holding her hand tightly to ensure her safety that she wouldn't fall before helping eunyu down.

eunhyuk stayed close to dasom, his sudden change of heart towards her went unnoticed by people. they walked together quietly, a comfortable silence falling between them as they navigated the unknown corridors with everyone else yards in front of them, that is until eunyu came towards them.

"where are you going?" eunhyuk grabbed her wrist.

"hyunsu, he's gone." she muttered. dasom hadn't even noticed hyunsu's absence, worry consumed her as she frantically looked around for him.

"i'll go get him." he sighed.

eunyu stopped him, shaking her head. dasom noticed the tears swelling in his eyes, "i'll come back. don't worry. i'll come back safe."

"you promise?" eunyu questioned.

"yes." he hummed with a tight lipped smile to eunyu before glancing at dasom. she put two and two together, her eyes widened. he wasn't coming back. that look told her everything, she knew now that she had to keep eunyu safe, that single look held a much deeper promise. while she knew eunhyuk wouldn't keep his promise to eunyu, she knew she'd keep hers to him.

she let out a shaky sigh, giving him a small smile, "they'll catch up with us, let's go." dasom tugged at eunyu's sleeve, pulling her towards the group.

eunhyuk watched them leave, dasom looked back one final time, knowing she'll never see him again. he shared the same look with her, bottom lip quivering before he turned on his heel to leave. eunyu held her eye contact with him, not knowing once adverting her gaze until he disappeared around the corner.

the two of them caught up with the rest of them, eunyu never once stopping her glances over her shoulder hoping eunhyuk would come back in time. her heart broke for the poor girl.

they continued down the winding corridors blindly. the walls occasionally shook, the sound of crashing evident above their heads.

they approached the final passage, making eunyu stop as both dasom and yikyung waited for her to continue. before she could bolt out, yikyung grabbed her, "come in quickly." she tried to reason.

"eunhyuk isn't here yet." her voice shakes as she stares down the long, abandoned tunnel, hoping to catch a glimpse of his red flannel walking in the distance, "neither is hyunsu." she croaked.

yikyung shook her head while dasom sent a sympathetic glance towards her, "he promised me that he'd be back." she sobbed, her last bit of composure long gone. it seemed to click in her head at that moment he wasn't planning to keep that promise, nor was he coming back.

she gasped for air, shaking her head, "no, eunhyuk. eunhyuk!" she cried out, turning on her foot. dasom was quick to grab her, pulling her back towards her as she screamed and wailed for her brother, "no, let go of me!" she screamed, flailing her body to get out of their grasp. once dasom and a few others had a good grip on her, yikyung slammed the door shut, sealing their fate.