14

tw: mentions of hyunsoo's scars are in this chapter along with eunyu being rude about it. read with caution.

eunhyuk looked up at dasom as she slammed her hand down on the table in front of them, "we need to talk."

it seemed dusik had the same idea as he appeared next to dasom with the same concern on his face. "did you shut down the elevator? we're running out of power and it's dangerous, so we'll run it in case of emergency only." eunhyuk stated, completely dismissing the two.

dusik cuts him off, throwing the keys at him, "what we're doing to hyunsoo, is it right?" dusik paused, concern lacing his voice, "he didn't harm anyone. we aren't sure if he'll turn into a monster. locking him up like that—"

"it isn't right." eunhyuk finally speaks up, " i know, but hyunsoo is dangerous."

"bullshit!" dasom screamed slamming her hand down onto the table. "what if it was eunyu in hyunsoo's place, would you do that to her, huh?"

dusik sighed at her outburst, "he's dangerous, but we need him." eunhyuk dismisses.

dasom scoffed before angrily storming off as dusik watched her. he spared one final glance before heading off.

"when do you think hyunsoo will be back?" the mention of his name made her stop in her tracks. she slowly backs up to stand in the door frame, unseen by the group as the worked to make some molotov cocktails per eunhyuk's request.

"i don't know, he's late today." hyein chirped in. "do you think something happened to him?"

"you know he doesn't die. even if he gets hurt, he gets better after a nap." jaehwan added.

dasom scoffed, letting out a sarcastic chuckle that had caught their attention. they froze as they saw her standing in the doorway, "oh, but it's all okay as long as you get your stuff. am i right?"

they remained quiet, "if any of you actually had the balls, you'd go get it yourself. yet, you send the guy you guys practically exiled to go get it for you, but it's okay!" she approached the group now, standing above them.

"even if he gets ripped to shreds, he'll heal after some good nights rest. or at least, that's what you say to make yourself feel less guilty." dasom folds her arms over her chest. she was sick of the treatment her friend was facing when he hadn't hurt anyone. it pissed her off.

the sound of a whistle rings through the area. she knew what was happening. she picked up her bat that had been conveniently nearby and dashed in the direction of the whistle, only stopping once she sees what had become of the store clerk.

bloody clumps of hair covered his body and left a messy trail as he staggered. everyone else filed out behind her holding the bottles and other useless things for defense. eunhyuk quickly hopped out with a weapon of his own, definitely more useful than what everyone else grabbed.

jieun dashed over to the rest of them seeking safety while eunhyuk and dasom stood on guard to the monster. sangwook made his way towards the monster, only to be stopped by sunyoung, "it's my husband."

she gently lets go of his sleeve, "i have to do this." sangwook took a step back as she grabbed a pole from the ground, slowly approaching him.