Chapter 1: Minimalistic

"Bang Christopher Chan!" Mr Bang called out, easily frustrated by his son, knocking on his door, "Come out right this instant!" 

Chan, the man in question, rolled over on his bed, rubbing his face with his hands. His bare torso was wrapped with a white bedsheet, and he lazily yawned, "Yeah, dad?" 

"You were supposed to accompany me to the meeting!" Mr Bang thundered. 

Chan, sprawled across his bed, groaned, "I don't feel like going today." 

Mr Bang chuckled humorlessly outside the door, "And you think everyone is supposed to work according to what you feel like doing?" 

"Would've been great, but yeah." 

His father sighed, and then motioned his housekeeper to come to him. She scurried over to the door, and Mr Bang spoke, "Get him up and ready in fifteen. We have to move soon." 

"Yes, sir." 

Once he was off, Chan opened the door, and was greeted by a very unimpressed housekeeper. He smiled drowsily at her; she was fifty-six and had greying hair and droopy eyes. However, she was like a second mom to him -- she had practically been the one to nurture him and help him grow. 

"Morning, Miss Kim," he spoke, and Miss Kim walked past him into his room, instantly going over to his bed and folding the sheet that had been left uncared for. Chan turned to her and whined, "Miss Kim, I don't wanna go!" 

"Stop being five, Chan," Miss Kim deadpanned, "You're twenty-five, and it's about time you took over your father's business. He's growing old and tired, and he wants you to take over." 

"But you know that I'm not made for business," he sighed, "Why don't you try to tell him that?" 

"Me?" she scoffed, "I'm merely a housekeeper, Chan. Why would they take my word?" 

"Aww, no," Chan walked over to her and hugged her from behind, nuzzling his head in her shoulder lazily, "You've been here for thirty years, and you're more of my mother than my actual mother. I love you!~" 

Miss Kim reluctantly smiled, pushing him away, "Ew, Chan, you're sweaty. Wear something and get ready. The car leaves in fifteen." 

---

Sara sighed. She did not have enough time to attend a meeting at her father's company, but apparently, he wanted her to be there, God knows why. She grumpily dressed up for the day, ignoring the constant ringing of her phone, being spammed by her friends. A knock sounded on her door, and she opened it, revealing Jiyeong, her seven-year-old sister. 

"Ah, Jiyu," Sara's face instantly brightened up into a smile. 

"Sara," the little girl judgmentally frowned, "Are you going to go dressed up like that?" 

Sara looked down at her attire, which consisted of a black leather jacket and skinny black jeans, "Yeah, what's wrong with that?" 

Jiyeong shook her head in disappointment, "What have you learned from all the Get Ready With Me videos I have shown you?" 

"...Shouldn't you be in school right now?" 

The little girl giggled, and then asked Sara to lean down. The older sister crouched before her, and she whispered, all giggly, "I lied to mom about a stomach ache, hehehehe!" 

Sara nonchalantly looked at her, but seeing her adorably laugh and twirl made her smile, too. She stood up, and then opened the door to her walk-in closet, "Choose the outfit for me, ma'am." 

Jiyeong skipped into the area, tapping her chin with her pointer finger, "What color do you want?" 

"Is that even a question, Jiyu?" 

"Black. Okay," she shuffled through the clothes, and then unhooked a pair of black trousers and same-shaded silk shirt.

 Okay," she shuffled through the clothes, and then unhooked a pair of black trousers and same-shaded silk shirt

"You should go minimi... minama..." 

"Minimalistic," Sara chuckled, and Jiyeong nodded sternly, "Yes, that. Now wear this, Sara! Go!" 

She shoved the outfit in Sara's hands, and pushed her into the washroom, while Sara complained, "Shouldn't you be calling me 'unnie'?" 

"The times have changed!"

---

Chan climbed out of the car reluctantly, and seeing everyone bow at him made him feel strange, as if he was not meant to be respected this way. He smiled and bowed his head at everyone for courtesy, but he felt claustrophobic in such an environment. The second he, his father, and their personal assistant walked into an elevator, he breathed out heavily. 

"What's wrong?" Mr Bang questioned, and Chan looked at him. 

"How do you survive being watched all the time?" 

Mr Bang chuckled, "You'll learn to live like that with time." 

"What if I don't want to?" Chan asked, and his father frowned. 

"Chan, I cannot waste the entire lifetime's hard work over your moody nature. Grow up, and handle the Bang Empire." 

The elevator's door swiped open, and Chan walked out first, temperamental and in rage. His father exited right after, a disappointed frown on his lips. The personal assistant did not know what to do or say, so he followed their trail. 

"When is the meeting?" Chan asked, ignoring the bows of respect he was receiving upon entering the floor where the meeting hall was situated at. 

"It's about to begin in a few minutes," the assistant answered, "We are waiting for Mr Noh and his successor, Miss Noh." 

Chan rolled his eyes, tapping his foot as the elevator tinged. 

And as the door swiped open, his breath hitched in his throat. 

(a/n: dun dun dun~~~

NEXT CHAPTER SOON!!! 

How was this as an opener? Did you like it? :D 

Thanks for reading! I love you!)