Chapter 2: The Decision

And as the doors swiped open, his breath hitched in his throat. 

Just as they depict in the movies, a slight gust of air blew past her raven hair, and Chan's jaw dropped. She had a smile on her face, albeit the smallest there was, and the second her siren eyes fell on him, he felt goosebumps going down his spine. 

"Oh, Mr Noh!" his father welcomed him warmly, "Welcome! And I see you've brought your daughter, too. Hello, Sara!" 

So that was her name. Noh Sara. Pretty. 

She extended her right hand, covered with sleeves up to her wrists, to shake Mr Bang's hand, and he introduced, "This is my son, Chan." 

She eyed him for a brief moment, and he knew that she knew that he was starstruck. Knowingly, she flashed a small smirk, and then looked at his father, "Pleased to meet you two."

Chan snapped out of his zone when she stuck out her hand for him to shake, and he gulped, anxiously shaking it in the gentlest manner, and felt how soft her hand was. It was next to velvet in his calloused hands. 

"The... pleasure is all mine," he croaked out, his mouth dry and his heart beating faster and faster with each passing second. 

Sara smiled wider, almost slyly --  and then, her pretty eyes were off him, directed to Mr Bang, "When shall we begin the meeting, sir?" 

"Oh, right about now. Please follow me." 

As Mr Noh and Sara followed Mr Bang, Chan stayed behind, stuck on his spot. As both the fathers walked into the meeting room, she turned around to look at him, "Aren't you gonna come, Bang Chan?" 

Goosebumps. Literally. 

"Um, yeah," he blinked, "I'll come after you." (a/n: yes, im doing this on purpose, and im enjoying it)

She turned around and walked off, sashaying into the meeting room, and Chan's eyes were concentrated on the way her hips swayed from side to side, in an almost hypnotizing rhythm. He shook those thoughts off his head, breathing in and out heavily, and then followed them into the chamber. 

Everyone took their seats, and Chan's eyes were glued to Sara's face the entire time. She listened attentively to what both the fathers had to say, and he noticed that the corners of her eyes crinkled every time she grinned. It was adorable. 

Chan was not paying much attention to what was being said until Mr Bang called out his name for the third time. He snapped out of his zone and went, "Huh?"

Sara inconspicuously snickered at the lost-looking man, and Mr Bang asked, "Chan, were you paying any attention to whatever was being said?" 

"I'm sorry..." 

"We were discussing the merging of the Bang Empire and Noh Industries," Mr Noh informed him, "Your father and I discussed it earlier, so here's the result of what we ended up with, children." 

Sara looked at the two older men, and Mr Bang proclaimed, "Since the two of us are growing old, we want you two to take over the companies. And we decided that it would be the best if you two could work together." 

She raised a brow, and Chan furrowed his. 

"What we mean to say is," Mr Noh spoke, "That we've decided to arrange a marriage for you two." 

Silence. 

Chan and Sara shared a glance in dread, and Chan shrieked, "What?" 

"Chan, son, you know that Mr Noh and I have been friends since our school days. Although the two of you couldn't become friends when you were younger, thanks to us shifting back to Australia, this is the chance that we've been waiting for. Merging the two companies together, bringing forth the mingling of the two families -- this is our dream project." 

Sara stood up, sighing in annoyance, "I... will be right back." 

With that, she walked off, and Chan slammed his hand on the wooden table, "This isn't done, dad! You can't just decide to marry me to someone I don't even know!" 

Chan was aware that Sara was gorgeous, and that if they had known each other for a bit longer, the two of them would have probably dated. But the issue was that they didn't know each other at all, and he knew better than to just agree to marry someone he knew for five minutes. 

He stormed off, boarding the elevator and exiting the building soon after, and called up Minho, his friend. 

"We're going biking right fucking now. I can't stand being so sophisticated anymore." 

Meanwhile, Sara walked into the washroom, standing before the washbasins and the mirror hung behind it. She clutched onto the edge of the basin, and the fake smile was long gone. She could no longer handle being so sweet -- she was anything but that. 

She rolled up her sleeves, and stared at them, because her sleeve was filled with tattoos her parents did not know about. Heck, only her friends and Jiyeong knew about. 

The friends? Another tattooed biker gang. 

If there was anything she dared not tell anyone, it was that she was involved in biking. 

And so, she called up her best friend, "Hello, San? Collect everyone. I'm coming in fifteen." 

(a/n: second chapter and there's a plot twist. new personal best record hehe~~ 

Also, Liam Payne's Familiar went so well with the first half of the chapter, i am going back to my 1D phase help- 

HOW WAS THIS? did anyone see the biking thingy for sara coming? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)