Chapter 5: Tame You

Mr Bang and Mr Noh were completely oblivious to what had occurred the previous night, as the two sat, cracking some lame dad jokes and laughing over coffee. Beside Mr Bang sat Chan, eyeing Sara, who sat beside her father, sipping her coffee and glowering at Chan. 

The tension was heavy between them; the two had their eyes locked -- although she was glaring at him -- and no one between them dared to budge. For Sara, it was a competition; she was not going to back away from this staring contest. For Chan, well, he had a small smirk plastered on his face, and he was unbelievably interested in her -- unlike he had ever been before. 

Sara sipped her drink, still maintaining the eye contact, and Chan finally broke away from the lock, eyes trailing down to her arms, which were now covered with the sleeves of her crisp, white shirt. He already missed seeing her tattooed arm. 

She kept her cup down, turning to look at Mr Bang, who had just spoken, "So, children?" 

"Yeah?" Chan spoke, absentmindedly. 

"Did you two decide?" 

"Decide on what?" 

Sara chuckled, shaking her head. 

"Bang Chan," his father sighed, "I'm talking about your marriage." 

"Oh," that seemed to shake him out of the zone, "I... Yeah, I thought quite a bit about it." 

She eagerly listened to him, curious as to what his decision was. Although she was certain that he was going to evade the wedding, she wanted to know how he tried to deny his father. 

Chan smiled at her, the edge of his mouth almost curling into a smirk, "Yes, I will marry Noh Sara." 

Her face blanched. No way in hell did he accept the marriage! 

"What about you, Sara?" Mr Noh questioned. 

"Well," she gulped, looking at Chan, "I'm not ready for a marriage right now." 

The two fathers looked at each other, and Chan hung his head, trying to stifle a chuckle. Of course, she wouldn't accept the marriage right away. She was an angry little kitten who wouldn't shy away from putting up a fight. 

"I'm-I'm sure the two of you need to get to know each other more," Mr Noh spoke.

"Yes!" Mr Bang agreed, "In fact, I believe that you two need to spend some time together." 

"How about the two of you go out more often? You don't need to come to the office for a while." 

"Oh, yes! That sounds good! Chan, you can take her out with you-" 

"I'm just not ready for a marriage yet. Excuse me," Sara intervened, trying to swallow the frustration within. 

With that, she left the room like the previous time, and Chan watched her walk off. Mr Noh sighed, speaking, "Chan, son, can you convince her? I'm sure she just needs to get to know you more." 

"Of course, sir," Chan nodded, standing up, "I'll try." 

Following her course, he found her standing by the railings on the balcony of the office floor, trying in vain to light her cigarette. She struck the lighter on repeatedly, but it just wouldn't light her stick. Chan chuckled softly to himself, walking up to her and offering his lighter to her. 

"Thank-" she stopped halfway through when she realized who it was. Her signature glare graced her face yet again, and she turned her face away. 

"Take it, kitten," Chan spoke, leaning against the railing before them. 

With a bitchy smile, she grabbed the lighter from his hands, and from the height they were standing on, she tossed it away in the air. Chan was alarmed as his lighter went flying, but then laughed, "Kitten's angry." 

"Shut the fuck up," Sara spoke through gritted teeth, turning to him, "And don't you dare call me 'kitten'!" 

"What else do you want me to call you?" Chan pretended to think hard, "Hm, how about babygirl?" 

She made a grimace at that, "Can you just leave?" 

"Not yet, kitten," he chuckled, "I'm gonna make you mine." 

Sara scoffed, "That's impossible, Bang Chan." 

Chan felt his heart rise at her calling out his name, but tried not to show it on his face, "You bet." 

Sara scoffed again, rolling her eyes. 

"Now listen here, pretty little kitten," his voice held a twinge of dominance as he spoke, "I'm gonna tame you, and I'm gonna have so much fun doing it. So, my love, be ready to fall for me." 

With that, he winked at her, walking off, leaving her behind, fuming. 

"Tame me? What does he think I am?" 

(a/n: ooooh hi!! i see that y'all are liking this story a lot, considering the amount of 'UPDATE PLEASE's im getting lately!! so here's an update, loveliessss!!!! 

HOW WAS THIS? 

thanks for reading! i love you!)