✧ | vi. Paradise Lost | (P. 2)

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

"Powerful forces are at work here. I can sense it," Angel tells the two heroes.

"Tell me something I don't know," Superman replies.

Suddenly, Diana's communicator beeps as the trio walks through the mall.

"Diana, I've dug up something on your friend, Faust," Batman tells her. Superman and Angel can hear since they have advanced hearing.

"What is it?" The Amazon questions.

"I think you better see for yourself," Batman responds.

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

The heroes arrive at Faust's apartment building. They enter and rummage through his items.

"Fascinating. Faust has a great passion for learning," J'onn comments.

Flash touches an artifact in Faust's room. "Where'd he get this stuff? Warlocks-R-Us?" The speedster asks in amusement.

"Flash, that is not a toy. Put that down!" Angel scolds the speedster, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Don't touch that!" Batman yells at Flash. This causes Flash to turn around, almost shooting Batman with the scepter's power.

"Oops," the speedster says sheepishly.

"Don't touch anything! We don't know what kind of powers we're dealing with," Batman reprimands Flash, snatching the scepter from the speedster's hand.

Angel notices Superman and Martian Manhunter holding other artifacts. She shakes her head in disbelief, placing both hands on her hips, unamused. The two heroes quickly place the items back where they found them.