Chapter Three

Angel Dust returns to the hotel after a long day of work. He opens the doors and walks inside, his hair a ruffled mess. His feet are aching from being in killer heels all day. He grumbles as he stumbles to the bar, setting his purse down on the ground next to the stool he sits down at. Husk turns around from cleaning glasses and notices Angel's state. The cat demon looks his pal up and down before saying "Hard day?" 

Angel slams his head down on the bar, groaning in pain. Husk gives Angel a concerned look. "Wanna talk about it?" Husk asks. 

Slowly raising his head, Angel looks up at Husk. He sighs and begins explaining about the day he had. Husk listens to Angel's every word. After a few more minutes of Angel dumping all this information out to Husk, he takes a deep breath and looks down at the bar. "So, that's why you hurt...down there?" Husk asks, remembering the part where Angel said he had to do his job, no matter how much it hurt him. 

"Yeah...I'm pretty much used to this stuff. But, the guy I was working with was fuckin huge, plus he didn't use any lotion." Angel sighed. 

Husk fills up a glass of water for Angel Dust. He slides the glass to him, who takes a sip from it. "My back also hurts like hell. Had me do a bunch of crazy positions." 

The bartender thinks for a moment. Maybe he could make it up to Angel by giving him some sort of massage. Since he had read his journal without Angel's permission, this would be a good opportunity to do so. "...I could help with that." Husk peeps. 

Angel looks at Husk with curiosity, "What do you mean by that?" 

"Well, I could give your back a massage or whatever...if you're okay with it that is." Husk darts his eyes away from Angel, waiting for his reply. 

After a moment of silence, Angel speaks again "Yeah...sure. That'd actually be pretty nice." The pornstar smiled. 

Husk smirks back at him. "Let's go to my room since I actually have all the supplies in there." Husk goes from behind the bar and leads the way to go to his room. 

Angel follows behind him, walking a little slow so he doesn't agitate his feet any more than they already were. After what felt like forever walking upstairs and down a hallway to Angel, the two sinners arrive at Husk's room. There wasn't anything special about the door, just a picture of a sleeping, drunk Husk with Nifty smiling like a goon. Husk unlocks the door with a key and opens the door for Angel to enter. 

The room had the same wallpaper and carpet design as Angel's. It was very organized, which was a surprise to Angel. Even the bed was made correctly. "I know it's not much, but uh...It's just where I live." Husk takes his hat off and puts it on a coat rack that is next to the door. 

"Hey, it's in better condition than whatever hell hole I sleep in." Angel jokes. 

Angel takes his boots off, sighing in relief when he does so. He was wearing socks so his feet wouldn't traumatize the world. "You can go ahead and take your shirt off so I can get ready. Also, just lay on my bed, it ain't gonna hurt anything." Husk adds. 

Obeying and taking off his shirt, Angel lays flat on his stomach on Husk's bed. Husk enters what seems like a walk-in closet and grabs some gel for Angel. When Husk comes back from retrieving the gel, he sees Angel spread out on his bed, who is waiting patiently for Husk to begin.  

Husk starts by spreading the gel on Angel's back, who shivers a little from the cold sensation. When he begins to press down on Angel's lower back lightly, Husk notices some scars that look a little like stripes. He gets a little curious and asks "What are these from?" 

"Oh, uhm...just from a whip," Angel admits. 

Husk draws his ears back, feeling sorry for his friend. He continues to massage Angel's lower back. He feels popping in his palms. Angel closes his eyes, letting himself relax. He's not really used to someone caring for him so tenderly. He's grateful for it. 

After about thirty minutes or so, Husk finishes up. He goes over into the bathroom to wash his hands while Angel gets up from Husk's bed. He sighs contently, feeling a lot better. Husk comes back into the bedroom and smiles softly at the spider. "I hope I wasn't rough...It's been a while since I did that for someone." 

"Oh, Husk. You did just fine." Angel compliments. 

Angel puts his shirt back on and smiles at Husk. "Thank you." 

Husk blushes a little, "Uh, happy to help." 

Angel heads towards the door, picking up his boots along the way. "I'll see ya later, kitty." 

The spider winks and exits the room, shutting the door behind him before Husk gets a chance to say goodbye. Husk stands there in the dark for a moment, trying to process the kindness he received from his friend. He puts a hand on his chest as if his heart depended on it. What's this feeling? It's awfully familiar. 

Husk sighs and lays down on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. He wonders what will be in store for him in the future. 

(916 words)