Chapter Four

Husk woke up with a pounding headache. He gets up from his bed, groaning. He goes into the bathroom to splash water on his face. He gets dressed and leaves the room. Once he gets into the hotel lobby, Husk sees Angel dressed in a revealing, but somewhat cute dress. Angel is on his phone, texting someone. Ange Dust sees Husk from the corner of his eye and turns around to look at him. "Thank god you're finally awake." Angel greets 

The spider grabs Fat Nuggets, who was supposedly laying on the couch. "I know Charlie or Nifty usually takes care of em but they're both really busy today doing whatever they usually do." The pig in Angel's hands oinks at Husk, "So, can you watch over him while I go to work?" 

Husk sighed and rubbed his brow. "Yeah...just hope he don't give me any trouble today..." 

Angel gave Husk a toothy grin and handed Fat Nuggets over to him. "You're a life savor, baby!" 

Fat Nuggets squeals and licks Husk's cheek, who groans. Angel waves at Husk and then baby talks to his pig, "Mama's will be back, be good for the kitty, okay, sweet cheeks?" 

With that, Angel leaves the hotel. Husk watches him leave. He then looks down at the pig in his paws. "Listen here, you little shit. The only reason why I keep you alive is that I'd get my ass shredded by your mama. You better be a good pig or else I'll tape you on the wall again." 

Of course, Fat Nuggets only stared at Husk like he was crazy talking. Husk sighs and walks to the bar, getting ready for his boring ass day.

————— 

Husk is at the bar, cleaning up glasses because they looked a bit dusty to him. Cherri Bomb comes from around the corner and sits down at one of the stools. She's scrolling through her phone. "Sup." She says. 

"Afternoon...need anything?" 

"Just the usual." She told him. 

Husk made a glass of strawberry vodka lemonade. He slid it over to her, who took a big drink from up. Husk looked down to check on Fat Nuggets, who was still sound asleep in the dog bed Angel had brought down for him. "Where's Angie?" Cherri piped up. 

"Oh...he went to work about three hours ago." Husk explained 

Cherri Bomb groaned. "He's always wrapped around that cunt boss of his. He never has time off anymore!" 

Husk nodded and listened to her complaints. "Valentino's such a dick...wish I can blow him to pieces...and NOT the kinky way." 

"Yeah...it'd be nice for him to come into realization that he's not someone's plaything..." 

The two sinners sit there in silence for a moment. Cherri Bomb gets a thought and smirks, "Why do you care so much?" 

Husk's ears perked up. "Cause he's a good friend of mine." 

Cherri scoffs, "Yeah, that's why you eyeball him with such love-filled eyes when he's not lookin." 

"It's not-" He stops himself, "...Is it that obvious?" 

"So fucking obvious...like a big bright flag in a colorless room." She cackles. 

Husk grumbles. "Hey, don't worry about it," Cherri reassures, "You're secret is safe with me...and everyone else in this damned hotel." 

The cat demon just glared at her. His face then softens into more of a sad expression. "Well...what does it matter anyway? I'm way too...well, me for someone like him." 

"Don't shit on yourself so much...I mean, I don't know much about ya, but I can tell you something..." 

"Yeah? What would that be?" 

"Angel does have a liking to ya. Well, I don't know if it's romantic or not, but it's at least in a buddy buddy way. He wouldn't know what to do without a friend like you." 

"What the hell would make you say that?" 

"He talks about you, man! All the time." 

Husk looks surprised. Angel talks about him. This makes him smile a little. He may not like him the way he does, but...he's satisfied knowing that they're good buddies. "Thanks for telling me, Cherri. Makes me feel a little better." 

"Aye, any time, man. Thanks for the drink." Cherri Bomb gets up from the stool and walks away, probably going to blow something up for the day. 

Husk cleans the glass that Cherri used. Before he could do anything else, something comes crashing down on the floor. He looks down to see that it was a shot glass and now it's shattered. Next to it is Fat Nuggets. He must've shoved the shelf causing the glass to fall down. Husk lets out a low growl. He sweeps the mess into a dust pan and throws the glass away into a nearby trash bin. Husk picks up the pig and scowls at him. "You're lucky that didn't fall on you." 

Fat Nuggets squeaks and licks Husk's nose. This makes him lean his head back in disgust. "Ugh..." 

Husk places Fat Nuggets on the dog bed. "Stay..." He demands like the pig was a dog. 

He stands there leaning against the bar. It was pretty empty in the lobby, he was surprised no one was around doing something. Everyone must be doing their own thing. They got lives, too. Husk feels something vibrate in his pants pocket. He takes his phone out to see that he got a text from Angel. He opens his phone to find a picture of Angel laying down on his stomach on a bed. He seemed to be naked, but nothing was showing other than his face and chest fluff. He was smiling in the picture. There was a text under it. How's my baby doing?

Husk smiles and texts back, He knocked down a glass somehow, but he's alright.

Angel immediately replies back, That's my Fat Nuggs alright.

Husk tapped his fingers against his phone. You on break or something?

A: Yeah, Val seemed in a decent mood today, so he let me have an hour off.

H: That's good.

Husk was glad Angel was able to get a quick break. This was rare, but you might as well count your blessings. Husk suddenly felt a sharp pain from one of his wings. He yelped and turned around to see that Fat Nuggets had pulled a feather out from his wing. He grumbles under his breath. He kneels down and takes a picture of the pig proudly holding a big ol feather in his mouth. Husk sat down on the ground and sent the photo to Angel. A few seconds later Angel replied with Lmao that little bastard.

H: Hurt like hell

A: Maybe I telepathically told him to do that so I have a part of you every where I go.

Husk didn't know what to reply back with. He didn't necessarily mean if this was to mess around or give him some kind of hint. Husk slowly typed You don't need it when I'm already in your head rent free

Angel took a moment to text back from that one. Husk got a bit worried about what he sent. Was it too far? Eventually, the speech bubble came up with the dots, showing that Angel was writing back. It disappeared and then came back but with a heart emoji. 

What did that mean? Husk didn't know what to say back, so he put his phone back in his pocket. Was all of this really happening? Why was it fucking with Husk's mind? Husk sighed and laid his head down on his arms that were resting on the bar. He felt Fat Nuggets begin to nibble on Husk's tail, but it didn't bother him. He only wanted Angel to bother him in that moment. 

(1270 words) 

Yeah, yeah I haven't wrote in this book in awhile, but I'll start working on chapters again. 

I hope you enjoyed this. "When are you going to get to the point?" Oh, trust me, my friend. The time will come. 

-Teddy