Chapter 1: They're Back

(Sonic's POV)

I ran around Green Hills, knowing it was going to be another boring day. I was supposed to hang out with Tails an hour ago, but I got sidetracked because Egghead wanted to pick a fight. I boosted my speed so the lecture by Amy would be less long and more short.

Then out of nowhere, I saw a magenta and green blur in the horizon. Oh no, not them again!  My mind told me to run away, but my head told me to tell them off. I walked towards the two 'visitors' that I held a grudge against. "Who are you guys and what are you doing here?" I asked, pretending to not know who they are.

"Sonic, you know that never works on us!" Sonia said. "Yeah, blue or black, we'll recognize you no matter what form you got cause your voice always stays the same." Manic pointed out, pointing at my throat. I groaned and transformed into my normal form I was born with.

My quills were grey-black instead of blue, my chest, muzzle, arms, and gloves stayed the same, but my normal emerald green eyes turned scarlet red. "I thought I told you I'm not coming back to the kingdom, you two." I reminded, crossing my arms angrily.

"C'mon, you can't hold a grudge forever, Sonic, we're your siblings." Sonia reminded. "Siblings who bullied me cause I have two forms." I corrected. "We said we're sorry, like, a thousand times now!" Manic groaned. "'Sorry' doesn't cut it, Manic!" I hissed.

"Sonic, don't you dare start charging up that chaos energy of yours! We don't blast family!" Sonia growled. "You stopped being my family a long time ago, Sonia! Heck, even the two tailed fox, the stupid red echidna, the pink hedgehog and the purple cat make a better family than you." I countered.

Sonia gasped. Manic's ears pinned back. I knew I said something bad that hurt their feelings. I glared firmly at them as Manic clenched his fists. "What happened to you?! You're not the brother we remember..." Manic said softly. I gasped, as that caught me off guard.

Flashback <

I was a little kid, gullible and naive at the time. I thought they loved me for who I am. I loved showing off my two forms, but little did I know, each time I did, their hatred towards me increased. I was a baby at the time. I didn't know any better...

"Hey, Sonia! I just discovered what my blue form can do. Watch~!" I said playfully, running around Sonia's room, destroying all of her dolls as she loved to play with dolls at the time, making her angry. "STOP YOU NUISANCE!" Sonia shouted, grabbing me harshly and putting me down.

"But... don't you like it?" I asked innocently. "Like it?! LIKE IT?! YOU DESTROYED MY ROOM!!" Sonia yelled. My tiny ears pinned back as I transformed back into my black form, thinking it would calm her down. It did not work.

"IDIOT! I hate you, Sonic! Never come into mine or Manic's room or mom or dad's room or even Uncle Chuck's room ever again! I DON'T LOVE YOU, SONIC! NO ONE DOES! WE ALL HATE YOU!" Sonia screamed.

I ran out of her room, crying, I felt so betrayed. I went into my room, snuggled up into my blankets, crying uncontrollably. No wonder they never let me out the house. No wonder they shouted at me when I showed off what my forms can do.

The sadness only ended whenever I decided to run away. I met Tails and saved him from those blockhead bullies. Even I hated them as much as Tails did. Then we saved Amy and convinced Knuckles that Eggman was tricking him. You should know the rest.

The only thing I knew is that I should've opened my eyes to the fact that my family didn't love me sooner. Or I wouldn't have been hurt...

Flashback ends>

"The brother we knew was kindhearted, he would help anyone in need of it, he didn't act like you." Sonia continued. My face softened and I looked at them. "He loved showing off his forms and he always made us laugh when we thought of him. Even if it was to make fun of him." Manic added.

"We're sorry, little bro," Sonia said. "Will you forgive us? Please?" She continued. I crossed my arms but stayed silent as the two hedgehogs that I thought loved me awaited an answer. I tensed up. I firmly glared at them. "How am I supposed to forgive you? All I wanted was a family when I was younger. I have one now and you think I'm going to give them up for you?" I asked, pointing at them.

"Sonic, please. We want you back. Don't do this to me!" Sonia begged, her voice breaking. A tear threatened to spill from my eyes as well, but not out of pity for the girl hedgehog. I wiped it from my eye and glared at them. "I hope I don't see you around." I growled.

I transformed back into my iconic blue color cause Amy was calling. "SONIC! This is the 11th time you've flaked on us! Are you running around Green Hills Zone?! We were supposed to meet at Knuckles's place!" Amy scolded. "I KNOW, just get off my back." I said harshly.

"Sonic? Are you okay? Did we get you at a bad time?" Amy asked worriedly. "Yes." I replied coldly, glaring at Manic and Sonia. "Is Eggman attacking you? Do you need our help?" Tials shouted from the other side of the communicator. "I don't think I'm going to make it today, guys." I said.

"Why? Is your leg hurt? I can try and...!" Amy started. "I'm fine, Amy." I intersected. "Are you sure? I can fly over and..." Tails answered. "I SAID IM FINE. SHUT UP AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT ME." I snapped.

I turned off communications. Manic was hiding behind Sonia. I glared at them coldly. "You should leave before I spin dash you." I threatened, running away.