Chapter 3: Meeting the Other Selves

(Nine POV)

Me and the others jumped through a portal that went to Sonic's shatterverse. "Huh, this is...beautiful." Thorn commented. "C'mon, we need to find Sonic's versions of us. If the rumor that Sonic's evil is true, we're in trouble." Rebel reminded.

Behind Sails, Mangey whimpered fearfully. Sails knelt down to pet Mangey. "Split up. Everyone will go with each other, if you get what I mean then you get it, if you don't then you don't." Prim said, going near Rebel.

We went our separate ways. Me, Sails, and Mangey looked at one part of 'Green Hills' as Sonic always called it. I found what looked like a shop. I put in the code for my workshop and it worked. "Guys! Over here!" I called out.

"Who's there? Sonic, is that you?" Someone asked. It was another version of me, the one Sonic liked so much. Tails. "Don't worry, I come in peace," I said calmly. Tails walked towards me, Sails, and Mangey.

"Whoa!!" Tails yelled. "You look like me!" He said. "We are you. Well, the distorted versions of you from what Nine told us. I'm Sails, this little guy is Mangey and he is Nine." Sails replied softly, smiling.

Tails tilted his head in confusion. "I'm from a reality where 'Eggman' won," I started. "Sails is from a reality where everyone are pirates, and Mangey is from a jungle-like reality." I continued.

"That makes sense." Tails said. "And another thing..." Sails said. "Yes?" Tails asked. "We know Sonic. He's the one who brought us together. A rumor came to our realities that Sonic turned to the dark side. We, along with the other duplicates of your friends, came here to see if it's true." Sails added.

Tails sighed sadly. "Come in, call your friends. I'll call mine, we will answer all the questions you have about...Sonic." He said sadly. Me and Sails exchanged horrified glances at each other, fearing the worst.

———————

(Rebel POV)

We all gathered together in a workshop and the normal versions of us - still don't know what to call them - told us the story and if the rumor of Sonic turning evil was true or not.

"So, a few days ago, me and Amy called Sonic. He was apparently in a bad mood, and told us to shut up and quit worrying about him." Tails explained. "The next day, he tried to apologize with chili dogs, but his mother coming ruined everything. Turns out he had two forms, not one, and his family abused him for it. And he never told us." Amy continued. "When we demanded an explanation, he shot a red lightning bolt between him and us, and when we opened our eyes the smoke was gone, but Sonic was as well." Knuckles added.

"We haven't seen him ever since." Rouge finished sadly. I glanced to Renegade, who was beside me. Nine spoke up. "Maybe he didn't mean to keep secrets from you. I was abused as well for my two tails. But Sonic gave me a second chance when I almost ruined everything." Nine said. "Sonic changed all of our lives, and we're not about to let him go and be evil just yet." Thorn agreed.

"We need to get him back. You all, and us, will be able to do that." I added, standing up. "The hedgehog never stopped thinking about you since we knew him. He cares about you a lot. Now I think it's time you do the same!" Rusty agreed. "We haven't been able to do that cause we haven't been able to find him." Tails reminded.

Nine and Sails walked towards Tails's tracker. Mangey ran up on the computer. "Hey, don't touch that!" Tails warned. Mangey pressed a lot of buttons and a signal popped up. It was moving fast. Tails looked at Mangey in confusion, who was looking at his normal self innocently. "I think that's Sonic," I said. "Let's go find out!" Tails said excitedly after getting Mangey off the computer.