Chapter 6: Another Reunion

(Sonic POV)

I was standing on top of a hill, staring into the horizon as the sun rose higher than Tails could fly. My arms were crossed and I was in my black form. My eyes formed a glare. I was mad about the conversation with Shadow that happened recently. He's wrong. He doesn't care; none of them do. I'm all alone in the world.

Or so I thought. I may not be alone. "Sonic," someone called. I tensed, being caught off guard by the sudden voice. It was familiar...bad familiar... I widened my scarlet-red eyes and spun around to face the owner of the voice.

"Chuck?"

He is the LAST person I want to see here. LAST. He hated me the most out of the entire family. He abused me the most, he shouted at me the most, and just overall hated me the most. He loathed me. Chuck hated me just because I exist, two forms or not he would still hate me. I rolled my eyes, not wanting Chuck to be in Green Hills Zone.

"What are doing here? You're the last person I want to be here. I would tolerate Dad- no- Jules more than you. What are you doing here? Why are you here?" I asked angrily. "I heard about... recent events that happened with you and your friends." revealed Chuck. "Yeah, so what?" I hissed, recrossing my arms.

"...This isn't you," started Chuck. I started laughing. "Hahaha! Yeah, RIGHT! Like you ever took the time to get to know me, 'Uncle Chuck'," I reminded, using air quotes. "You hated me the most. Heck, you loathed me. You don't even deserve to be called 'uncle,' you monster." I continued.

"I didn't loathe you." said Chuck softly, approaching me. I rolled my eyes. That was SO NOT true. "That was so not true," I remarked aloud, looking away from him. "I was blind, I admit it. That's unforgivable. But Vanilla the Rabbit changed my mind, and opened our eyes to what horrible family we were to you."  explained Chuck, coming close.

"Get away," I ordered, charging up chaos energy. I could see that Chuck panicked. "Sonic, stop!" He said. I approached him while he was backing away. "Please stop, Sonic!" pleaded Chuck. I would've delivered him to the grave if what happened next didn't happen at all.

"I love you, Sonic!!"

That caught me off guard. My chaos energy grew dim and my eyes softened. I gasped and unclenched my fists. Chuck started to approach me again, seeing that I wouldn't harm him... He was right. I teared up, closing my eyes tightly. "Y-your lying," I stated, looking away from him and wiping my eyes clear of any remaining tears.

"I would never lie about love. You should know that..." countered Chuck, smiling. I shivered, unaccustomed to the gentle and loving tone of his voice. "Neither would your friends. They miss you Sonic, and want you back." continued Chuck.

"We want you back to being the kindhearted and sweet Sonic who never gave up on anyone. Who would save reality and not care for his own well-being. Who would put others first and have faith in everyone and everything. The joyful, cheerful, and inspiring Sonic who saved reality itself and the planet. We know that the Sonic we knew and loved is still in there. That we still know and love. Come back!" encouraged Chuck.

I trembled, not knowing what to do. I walked away from Chuck, and tried to sort out my inner conflicts. "You're not alone," he added. I closed my eyes tightly. "You are, were, and will never be alone." stated Chuck, smiling lovingly at me. I didn't know what to do. "I...I...I..." I stumbled over my words. My ears pinned back. What do I do? Where do I go from here?

All of it overwhelmed me, and I started crying. Chuck frowned in concern. I let out an explosion of red chaos energy, disappearing amongst the explosion of mixed emotions and feelings of regret. I disappeared in the middle of the outburst, and ran away. I couldn't take it anymore.

(Chuck POV)

I hated it. I hated seeing my family cry, and Sonic was no exception. I frowned in concern. He looked at me. His scarlet-red eyes were so full of pain and fear. He let out a loud cry, letting all of his emotions out, and let out an explosion of red chaos energy, disappearing amongst it all. I could hear the pain in his voice, he's asking for help. He doesn't know what to do.

I went back to the kingdom, and Aleena stared at me with hope in her eyes. "Any luck?" asked Aleena. "Mm-mm," I shook my head. "I feel like I was able to get through to him, but he ran away." I sighed. Aleena teared up, and hugged Jules, who hugged back. Sonia and Manic looked at each other.

"He needs help," said Sonia. "Me and Manic will try again. He needs help. He's our little brother, the youngest of us. We won't give up on him, no matter how hard he tries to push us away." explained Sonia. "Be careful." advised Aleena. "Pffft! When are we ever not careful!?" asked Manic. "We'll be back mom, we promise. We'll be back with Sonic!" said Sonia confidently.