Chapter 2: Friendship Over

(Tails POV)

Sonic hang up on us. We were all hurt by his outburst. He never acted like that before. Matter of fact, he's been acting strange ever since the cave mission. He's been acting more responsible, which is a good thing, but also more secretive, which is a bad thing. He won't even tell me what's wrong, which worries us all even more!

"Why would Sonic say that to us? We're his friends." Amy said sadly, feeling betrayed and hurt. "He probably had a bad day today. Or he is in a bad mood and we called him at the wrong time." Knuckles encouraged.

"But Sonic never gets in a bad mood," I said. "Especially not with us." Knuckles shrugged. "Everyone has their limits, Tails. Maybe someone broke Sonic's limits," He reminded. "Maybe we should give him time to cool down. He'll be better in the morning. If he's not... then we got a problem." Knuckles added.

"Let's hope that's not the case," Rouge said. "Agreed." Amy agreed. We all went our separate ways. But something was bugging me about Sonic. I had a bad feeling about him. "He's just in a bad mood, Tails. He just needs some time to cool down." I whispered to myself, taking off to fly towards my apartment.

<tomorrow>

(Sonic's POV)

I tried to apologize for my outburst by ordering chili dogs. I finally got to the meeting place after awhile. "Finally! See, I told you guys he was just having a bad day," Knuckles said. "Yeah, I wasn't in the best mood yesterday. But I'm over that now, so I thought I'd apologize by ordering a bunch of chili dogs." I said as Big ran over excitedly, taking some chili dogs from the plate.

"Apology 100% accepted." Amy said, smiling at me. I smiled back at the pink hedgehog. "Hey, Sonic, there's someone behind you." Tails said. I looked behind me and saw a familiar purple hedgehog I hated so badly.

"Is that the Queen Aleena?!" Amy squealed. My friends all bowed down to her. "Hello, everyone. Is one of you Sonic?" Everyone pointed at me. My ears pinned back in anger. "Hey, mom." I hissed.

My mother, Aleena, was kind to everyone when I was a baby. I admired her so much. She was the inspiration for me to become a hero. I was the only person she wasn't kind to. She abused me badly, even more than Sonia and Manic.

"Sonic? You're the Prince?" Tails asked, coming up next to me. "Yeah. More like a self-exiled prince." I said. "And you never told me?!" Tails asked excitedly. "Shut it, Tails!" I said harshly. "Sonic, can you speak to me in your black form? It's weird seeing you in blue." Aleena asked.

"Black form?" Knuckles whispered. "Not in front of my friends, I'm not." I said bitterly. "SONIC! She's the Queen, you have to do what she tells you! You can do the 'black form' in front of us." Amy scolded.

I glared at her. "No, it's okay. If he wants to speak alone, that's fine by me. Come along, Sonic." Aleena said kindly. I tensed, unaccustomed to the gentle tone of her voice. While we were walking, I transformed into my black form.

"Much better," Aleena commented. "Now, Manic and Sonia told me you weren't acting nice to them. Care to explain why?" Aleena asked as we sat down on a rock. "You wouldn't understand because YOUR FAMILY didn't abuse you." I replied, crossing my arms.

"Sonic, that isn't the way you speak to your mother." Aleena scolded. "You stopped being my mother a long time ago, Aleena, when Sonia revealed you all hated me." I hissed with a venomous tone in my voice.

"So that's why you left us..." Aleena said sadly. "You wanna know why we want you back so badly?" Aleena asked. I nodded. "Well, it was Uncle Chuck who opened our eyes to the fact that we were treating you badly."

"Uncle Chuck?" I asked. He was the one who hated me most. "He hated me the most out of all of you! How did he change your mind?!" I pointed out. "It turns out someone opened his eyes first. It was an old friend of mine, you may know her. Her name is Vanilla the Rabbit." Aleena said.

Vanilla. Vanilla was a kind rabbit who was the only one who found my forms to be fascinating. Tails might find it fascinating as well, but Vanilla was the first. "Vanilla..." I said softly. "She left us when she figured out we were abusing you. And now she lives here." Aleena said.

"No wonder," I scoffed. "You are all selfish. You are all monsters! You hated your own son because he had two different forms. No wonder she left you. No wonder she-" I started. But Amy intersected.

"Sonic... how could you?"

I looked behind me and saw all of my friends looking hurt and betrayed. "How could you not tell us your family treated you like this?! And this new form too?! We're your friends! How could you keep secrets from us?!" Tails cried.

"You're supposed to be our best friend. Why..." Knuckles started. "SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU!" I shouted, backing away, charging up my red chaos energy. Aleena was alarmed. "SONIC! DON-" she said but I blasted a huge lightning blast in between my friends, Aleena and myself.

(Amy POV)

When the smoke was over, Sonic was gone. I can't believe it. He lied to us. He...lied... he manipulated us... he BETRAYED us. "H-How could he...?" Tails asked, on the verge of tears. "I don't know." Knuckles said sadly.

We all looked at Queen Aleena, who was crying. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have come here." Aleena said. "It's okay, your majesty. It wasn't your fault. It's Sonic's. We just gotta figure out why he did this and everything will be back to normal." I assured. "Thanks..." Aleena said. "You're welcome, Queen Aleena." I said.