"Courtney's Dream"

Kelly's P.O.V.

It was Friday and the time was five p.m.. I was minding my own business, cooking dinner and waiting for my company to arrive. That's when you know who decided to show up....

"So are you going to let her kiss you?", Victoria asked.

I was startled because she usually comes to me after midnight.....

"Vic! You scared the crap out of me!", I exclaimed.

"You said you wish I would show up in the day time instead of in the middle of the night. So here I am!", she said with a smile.

"And no I'm not going to let her kiss me. This is not a date, Victoria. Courtney is just a friend coming over. It's no different than Bey or Michelle stopping by to eat with me", I replied.

"Kellz....are you really trying to convince me that you don't find Courtney attractive?", she asked.

"I'll admit she's beautiful, but you know I'm not interested in anything with anyone besides friendship. And you already know why", I responded.

"Kelendria....we talked about this! You have to fall in love. And I'm trying to tell you that Courtney is the one to do that with", Victoria said.

"How can you say that when you know I'm a Catholic priest?!", I asked in a confused tone.

"That's just your ministry and your career. But you're still a woman, Kelly! A woman who deserves to be loved. You can't keep using the fact that you're a priest as an excuse to avoid falling in love. Especially since Bishop Grice just offered you a job at one of his churches. He even offered you a higher paying salary than what you're earning right now!", Victoria exclaimed.

An old friend I went to bible college with, Bishop Terrell Grice, is a part of the Episcopalian church. In his denomination, a priest can be married, rather they are  gay or straight. He is actually gay and married.

"You're afraid of change, Kelly. But you don't have to be. Allow yourself to experience new things. God is trying to bless you but you won't let him", Victoria said.

I sighed. "I told Terrell I would think about it. But I still don't know about the whole falling in love thing, Vic. It just doesn't seem right for me."

"I'll continue to be patient with you. But you and Courtney both have to open up your hearts. She's not aware, but I've been assigned to watch over and guide her too", Victoria informed me.

My phone rang, interrupting our conversation. "It's Michelle", Victoria said.

I went to the living room where my phone was charging and answered it.

"Hey, Chelle. What's up?"

"Girl, did Bey tell you about what happened with her and Meg?!", she asked.

"Yup! Couldn't believe it. But she told me this morning that they forgave each other and are trying to work it out", I replied.

"Yeah she told me that too. But I'm trying to figure out where did Bey go when she left the house the other night", Michelle said.

"Well she didn't come here so I assumed she either went to her sister's house or yours", I stated.

"I just saw Solange today. She said Bey didn't stay with her and she damn sure didn't come to my house", Michelle said.

"You think she went to her momma's house?", I asked.

"Nope! I think Bey went to her sidepiece house!", Michelle replied.

"No, girl! Bey ain't got no sidepiece, Chelle!", I exclaimed.

"So, you must not remember her saying two can play that game when she told us she overheard Meg on the phone with her ex...."