chapter 3

-------------------------------------------

Evie takes the cigarette from her mouth, sliding her textbook to her side. 

"What do you want?"

"I'm the janitor, just doing my job," 

"I've never seen you around," She pushes herself off the table, approaching the odd boy. His compelling aura was entrancing, like a sweet poison. But Evie was good at keeping up a wall of defence. A sturdy, strong wall which has been built for a while.

"You have, I'm just good at blending in," 

"How do you- shouldn't you be with Violet?"

"Oh Violet, she said she'd wait with Krist," He leans on the door frame, kicking the bucket so it slid along the floor. His eyes darting across the room, occasionally returning to Evie's. Evie ever so desperately needed to open his eyes and peer inside the chaos that occurs in his mind. His enticing sharp eyes, they're begging for her attention. 

"Good luck escaping the murderer my sister will become when she finds you, she is not the patient type,"

"Hopefully Shelli will keep her entertained," He speaks to Evie like she knows who all these people are. Like he's known her for a while.

He observes her every move, tracing around her figure and her face. 

"Why are you cleaning here anyway, this place is in no use,"

"Obviously so I can scare the students who bunk off in here. Do you think I look like a convincing enough ghost?" He raises his eyebrow, a smug smile across his face. 

"Yeah you look dead enough to me," Evie replies instantly, insulting him.

"You don't seem very frightened," He states coldly, the teasing expression on his face contorts into a stoic one.  

Taken by surprise, Evie steps back slightly, this boy can change within the flick of a switch. He notices Evie's sudden fright and puts back on the same cunning smile he had on before.

"Would you like to come to watch us practice? I think we could do with an audience, Shelli won't be enough," He watches Evie's hesitation and continues to bring comfort, "I can give  us a drive there,"

"Are you going to kidnap me and then kill me?"

"No unfortunately, Aberdeen's newspapers would thrive for once though. 'Creepy Janitor Ghost Kills Innocent High School Student'," She could hear a slight chuckle through his locks of hair. This fills her with satisfaction, brimming with excitement. She has the ability to make him laugh. 

The room is busy with a few seconds of silence before Evie's eyes grabbed conversation.

"I'll come,"

-------------------------------------------------------------------