01 | second times a charm

"JUNI WAKE UP!" 

Instantly, the girl shot up, groaning when she realized what was going on. Treech.

"What are you doing in my room? How'd you even get in?" Juniper muttered, throwing the blanket over her head to block out the sunlight.

"Juni. You promised we'd go to the tree house to commemorate our last reaping," Treech whined, making the girl groan again. Stupid promises.

"You still didn't answer how you got in," Juniper muttered, forcing herself to sit up. Treech laughed at her state, taking a mental image of her messy hair.

"Your window," said Treech, pointing to the one next to her bed, "You know, you really shouldn't leave it open like that. You never know what weirdos are lurking in the shadows."

"Oh, you mean you?" Juniper shot back, glaring at the boy for interrupting her sleep.

Treech dramatically held his hand to his heart, faking his death as Juniper watched unamused.

"You wound me, Juni. And here I thought I was your best friend."

"Unfortunately," Juniper muttered, but it was obvious she didn't mean it. Treech, no matter how annoying he could be, was the best thing in her life. He just didn't need to know that.

"Yeah yeah. You love me." Treech muttered, waving the girl off, "Get dressed. We've gotta get to the treehouse."

Treech looked at Juniper expectantly, waiting for her to move, but all Juniper did was stare back at him.

"What?" Treech asked, folding his arms.

"I'm not getting changed with you in here," Juniper replied, pointing toward the window. Treech once again waved her off.

"I'll cover my eyes, promise," the boy replied cheekily, pretending to peep through his fingers. Juniper scoffed at that, shoving the boy out the window again before closing the curtain. 

This was going to be a long day.

-

Once Juniper was finally dressed, the two made their way to the treehouse, hoping to get some peace before the reaping.