03 | monkeying around

"Everybody out!" Juniper heard someone yell as the door to the train car opened

"Everybody out!" Juniper heard someone yell as the door to the train car opened. The group let out a loud groan as heavy tension filled the air. They were here.

Slowly, much to the Peacekeeper's dismay, Juniper stood up, giving herself time to wipe off her clothes before finally making it to the exit. Treech, who had moved much quicker than Juniper already seemed to be waiting, hand extended as he helped her climb out.

"Come on, Keep it moving," the Peacekeeper urged, giving Juniper a little shove. Juniper rolled her eyes, glaring at the man as she felt Treech wrap an arm around her waist in protection. 

"Hands to yourself, Capitol boy," Treech spat back, glaring as he ushered Juniper away. Juniper let out a little laugh at his frustration, placing a hand on his arm as she pulled him off of her waist to reassure him.

Once the two had reached the designated waiting point, Juniper turned her attention toward the crowd around her. Coral and Mizzen seemed to be standing off to the side, whispering quietly to one another as another duo dressed in what seemed to be patchwork stood by them.

From behind her, Juniper could hear giggling, drawing her attention to a girl in a rainbow dress and a posh-looking blonde boy. Who was he? Juniper thought. Did he come for an exclusive look at the tributes?

Nonetheless, the girl in the rainbow dress didn't seem to be too fond of the man either, taking the rose out of his hand before making her way toward the crowd.

"Alright, everyone in the truck," a man insisted, opening up another door. Great, more traveling, Juniper thought.

Again, Juniper moved slowly as she followed the orders, reluctant to even move. But Treech was rather insistent she followed, watching her carefully as she climbed into the truck.

"Sit here," Treech insisted, moving from where he was standing to reveal an empty spot. Juniper shook her head at the boy before taking a seat. 

Why was he being so protective of her? It's not like the tributes were going to start a fight before the arena. None of them even wanted to be here in the first place.

Just then, Juniper heard a commotion outside the truck before the blonde boy scurried in, rushing toward the other side of the truck and getting locked in with the tributes.

"What's the matter, Pretty Boy? You in the wrong cage?" asked another boy who looked to be her age. Juniper took note of the boy as she wrote him off as a good ally, Tall, burly, older, and with a seeping hate for the Capitol. A perfect combination.