05 | the interrogation game

The rest of the night had been quite boring for the tributes

The rest of the night had been quite boring for the tributes. Once it turned dark, all Capitol citizens seemed to vanish, returning to the comfort of their homes as the tributes waited in their cage.

Juniper had thought that maybe someone would come to give them some dinner so that they wouldn't starve to death before the games, but alas, that didn't seem to be happening.

What boring games that'll be, Juniper thought. When all of them are too starved to even fight. Oh well. Not her problem.

The only person who seemed to stop by was a curly-haired boy with a bag full of sandwiches, handing them out carelessly to the tributes.

Juniper didn't really care to ask who was, too focused on getting some food. But by the way he seemed to call out to one of the other tributes, it seemed like their relationship was much deeper than most mentors were going to have with their tributes.

Hell, no other mentors had even bothered to show up, besides the annoying blonde boy from earlier. So what the Capitol boy was doing now was much more peculiar.

"Why you staring? You into him or something?" Treech muttered as he bit into his sandwich, tone somewhat grumbled.

At that, Juniper snapped out of her thoughts, turning toward her best friend.

"Please. I don't go for boys like that," Juniper insisted as she laughed, "I was just thinking about his relationship with that tribute over there."

Treech followed her gaze as she pointed, eyebrows furrowing as he looked at the kid from Two.

"Shouldn't you be focusing more on your own strategy?" asked Treech, turning his attention back toward Juniper.

"I already know what I'm going to do," Juniper replied nonchalantly, causing Treech's eyes to narrow.

"And that is?"

Juniper let out a chuckle.

"You'll see."

Treech, confused by Juniper's sudden vagueness, went to speak again but was quickly interrupted by another voice.

"Well, don't you two look cozy?" an irritating voice spoke, causing her to look up. Coral.

"What do you want?" Juniper asked, venom dripping from her tone.

Juniper knew her distaste for Coral might not have been completely warranted, but when she looked at Coral all she could see was the look of satisfaction the girl from Four had on her face when she stabbed Willow all those years ago.

And how desperately Juniper wanted to wipe that annoying smirk off of her face.

Coral, however, seemed flattered by Juniper's anger, smirking as she grabbed a sandwich.