195 - My Adorable Foxy Girl

"I'm sorry the date got ruined..." Amber whispered, holding my hand as we walked through a park and sat down on a bench.

The eyes that I had felt on me disappeared by now. Thank goodness-

For them. Otherwise I would've had a nice little chat with the person about peeping on people on a date.

"Don't apologize." I smiled. "A monster came from a rift, happens all of the time."

"Yeah..." Amber sighed, laying her head on my shoulder.

"You know it's not over yet?" I asked. "We can do anything else you would like to."

"I think at the moment I'd just like to sit here with you." Amber admitted, snuggling her head further into the crook of my neck. "I'd like a moment to calm down."

Our fingers intertwined as we held hands, leaving them resting in between us on the bench. We sat there, enjoying the cool breeze and the sunny day.

"About that Hibai guy?" I questioned.

Amber lightly giggled. "Yeah, that guy from the Hirai family. He tried to kiss my hand..."

Her face turned into a snarl. "Disgusting. Who does he think he is? The only person I want laying their lips upon me is-"

She suddenly cut herself off, moving her head off of my shoulder and looking away from me. The tips of her ears were dyed red, and I smirked at her embarrassment at what she was going to say.

"Would you like me to make you feel better?" I grinned. "I could kiss your hand if you'd like."

I brought her hand up to my face. I paused, waiting for a reaction. Seeing that she continued to blush and look away, I took that as an acceptance, lightly kissing her hand.

Her ears seemed to darken.

"You're cute, Amber." I smiled.

"N-no!" Amber looked down at the ground, tapping her feet rapidly as her face was tomato red.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a little longer, Amber lightly squirming, before she finally broke it. "...thank you."

"For what?" I wondered.

"Everything." She replied. "Because of you, I'm here right now. With you. With the others."

"Don't sell yourself short." I countered. "You made it this far because you fought for it. You're one of the strongest people I know."

"You know the S Ranks, Ken." Amber sweatdropped.

"And I still don't think that disproves my statement." I grinned.

Amber lightly blushed once again, continuing to be incredibly cute. Her six tails seemed to lightly sway back and forth, and I couldn't help but wonder if it was like a dog's tail; where they wag when they're happy.

Man, they look so fluffy...

Reign yourself in, Ken!

"Give in to the temptation..." Loki's voice faintly entered my ears.

Shut up and go away.

"Thanks...but I don't think so." Amber sadly smiled. "I'd still be trapped under those Takao bastards. My birth parents."

"You would've figured something out, I'm sure of it." I replied. "You're smart, strong, and amazing."

"Stop..." Amber glanced away, her face still red.

"I...never had to go through a forceful awakening..." I spoke. "...but I understand how it is to have a family that doesn't care about you."

My hand held Amber's a little tighter.