❣︎ ℛℯ𝓊𝓃𝒾ℴ𝓃 ❣︎

3rd person

Rose went down the stairs into the hall and faced an original vampire standing in the doorway.

"Rosemary," Elijah addressed her. "Is there somewhere we can talk?"

"Yes, in here. Yeah, you have to forgive the house."

"Oh, no, what's a little dirt. I completely understand." He walked inside and headed to the closest armchair. "So tell me, what is it that gives you the courage to call me?"

"I wanted my freedom. I'm tired of running," Rose replied. "You're in position to grant me that."

"I have complete authority to grant pardon to you and your little pet. What is his name? Is that... Trevor. Only if I so see fit."

"Katerina Petrova and Alice Salvatore," Rose named. Elijah got interested. He picked up his head to face her, "I'm listening." He sat down on the armchair.

"Alice didn't die in England in 1866 like you think. And Katerina didn't burn in the church in 1864."

"Continue," Elijah encouraged her.

"Katerina survived and Alice became a vampire."

"That's impossible," Elijah stated.

"It is."

"Oh, when you called and invited me into this armpit of civilization, which is mere 3 hours from the town we know is Mystic Falls, I summarized it had everything to do with Katerina. However, I don't believe Alice is alive." He was so sure about it. Alice was dead. There was no way she could be a vampire. Neither of his siblings had fed her their blood. They would have never done that. Despite that, he was able to admit he could be wrong, "Of course, I may be wrong. If it's so, where is she then?"

"I have her here."

"And Katerina?" Elijah wondered. He thought they had her, but Rose's answer surprised him.

"I have better. I have a doppelgänger."

"That's impossible," Elijah stated once more. "Her family line ended with her. I know that for fact."

"Then your facts are wrong," Rose was confident enough to say. Elijah leaned forward in the armchair, "Well, show them to me." He didn't believe her at all.

"Elijah, you're a man of honor. You can be trusted. But I wanna hear it again." Elijah thought through his answer. "You have my word that I will pardon you."

Rose led Elijah through the house into a room, where Elena and Alice were. Elijah stared at Alice and she stared at him. Though, his attention soon turned to the doppelgänger.
He sped to her. Elena backed away. She was scared. Elijah leaned down to her neck.
Alice watched him pull away from her. "Human," he couldn't believe it. "It's impossible," he said, but obviously it was the truth. "Hello there," he smiled at Elena.

✧✦✧

Damon and Stefan parked the car and got out.

"That house should be just beyond those trees," Damon pointed in that direction. Stefan headed straight there.

"Wait, you know, I've got a little more experience than you do with this sort of thing," Damon spoke up to get his brother's attention. Stefan stopped and turned to him, "So what's your point?"

"My point is, whoever has Elena is probably someone who was after Katherine in 1864 and before that."

"And?" Stefan was getting annoyed.

"And it puts them at 500 years old and strong. You sure you wanna do this?"

"Yeah, I'm certain I wanna do it," Stefan stated. He thought Damon was stalling because he was scared.

"Cause if go in that house, we may not come back out."

"Alright, then I won't come out." Stefan didn't care if he was going to die or not. He was doing it for Elena. And he would do anything for her.

"So noble, Stefan," Damon said ironically.

"I can't think of a better reason to die." Damon didn't say anything. "But if you wanna stay here, I'll totally understand." Stefan turned around and continued the way to the house. Damon followed right after him. He couldn't leave his brother alone in it.

3rd person

Elijah approached me, "Alice..."

"Elijah...," I exhaled. My mind traveled back in time to one of the memories I had with him.

Flashback - England, 1865
------------------✧✦✧------------------

I was in the bath enjoying the moment alone in a warm water, when Elijah entered the room. I smiled and threw the sponge to him. He caught it with his right hand.

"You shouldn't be here, sir," I informed him.

"I know," he replied. "I just wanted to spend some time with you. You're always with my brother."

"Your brother confessed his love to me. And I love him."

"You know that's not true," he headed towards me. "Your feelings for me are stronger than your love for my brother. You loved me before him," he sat on the bath. "And you love me more." He switched the sponge between his hands and reached his right one for my leg. I made it easier for him by picking it up. With his left hand, in which he held the sponge, he reached to my thigh and continued washing my leg down to my ankle. "You know you can refuse him, right?"

"Did you forget that you were the one, who from some reason stayed out of the way to his brother? And did everything to bring us together?" He had been avoiding me for so long, so why stop now? What made him make this move?

"I had a reason for that," he dropped the sponge into the water. "But I no longer believe it. Because I love you, Alice." He brought my leg to his lips and kissed my foot. I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. It was true that he was the one I had met first. It was true he had made an impression. It was true I couldn't take my eyes from him every time we spent together. It was true I liked his words, I liked to listen to him. But it didn't mean that I could just say no to a man, who had been courting me this whole time and keeping me a company all the time. I couldn't replace this man for a man, who wasn't brave enough to even be with me. I couldn't say no to a man I truly loved.
However, I would be a coward not to admit I had feelings for Elijah too. I didn't think it was possible to love two men at the same time, but it probably was.

End of flashback - England, 1865
------------------✧✦✧------------------

✧✦✧