❣︎ ℬℯ𝒻ℴ𝓇ℯ 𝒾𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅ℯ𝓃ℯ𝒹 ❣︎

3rd person

Damon entered the Grill and sat by the bar. He ordered a bourbon. Alaric joined him a moment later. Damon knew he had screwed up by feeding Elena his blood. But he had just wanted to make sure she was gonna come back. He cared for her. However, he had done the exact thing he had gone through once. She didn't want to be a vampire and he had taken this choice from her.

"I screwed up," he said, looking in front of him absentmindedly.

"Yeah, yeah you did," Alaric confirmed. In that moment, someone approached them, "Gentlemen. Why so glum?" Both, Damon and Alaric turned to look at the man. Damon scoffed, "Klaus I presume." Klaus smiled, "In the flesh." He turned to Alaric, "Thanks for the loaner, mate."

"Hi, Damon," Alice walked over to them. Damon stood up, "I see you switched sides after all, sis." He was angry. He expected her to go to them when she gets free, but it seemed she had decided to stay with Klaus. Though Alice didn't perceive it like that. She didn't switched any sides. Because to her, there weren't any sides at all.

"You should know I -"

"You don't get to talk to her, man. I would keep my distance," Klaus spoke up and interrupted Alice. He didn't want her near her brothers. He didn't want them to talk to her. Alice was his. "Because there's a huge chance you'll lose a heart." Damon laughed sarcastically. Did he seriously forbid him to speak to his own sister? He expected Alice to say something, but Klaus had her obviously wrapped around his finger.

"Thanks for the advice," Damon spoke up. Alice couldn't believe it. He didn't have anything else to say? "Yeah, anyway, I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement by any chance, huh?"

"You are kidding," Klaus stated. There was no way Alice's brother was talking seriously. He looked at Alaric, "He is kidding, right?"

"No, not really," Alaric said.

"I mean, come on. What's a one month in all grand scheme of things."

"Let me be clear. I have my vampire." Damon's eyes traveled to his sister. It hit him suddenly. What if she was the vampire? "I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight," Klaus informed him. "So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up," he turned to the exit. "Come on, love." Alice devoted Damon a small smile and followed Klaus out. She wanted to help her brothers and Elena, but she also wanted to help Klaus. He was her life love after all. Damon sat back down on the stool next to Alaric, "That was fun."

"You're gonna screw it up, aren't you?" Alaric didn't even have to ask, because he already knew the answer.

"What if Alice is the vampire? I can't let her die. What if - what if I took his werewolf out of equation?"

"I think it won't matter," Alaric expressed his opinion, "because you'll be dead."

"But without the werewolf, he can't perform the ritual tonight. And Elena might get over the fact that I tried to turn her into a vampire."

"You'll still be dead."

"Will you help me or what?"

"What do you want me to do?" Alaric knew there was no point in trying to convince Damon not to do anything stupid, because he was going to do it anyway. So he at least could try to prevent him from getting killed.

✧✦✧

Damon sticked to his plan and rescued Tyler and Caroline, who Klaus had for the ritual. The only problem was that Tyler's transition already started, so they had to move quickly. However, that wasn't the only problem. Matt Donovan had gotten in the way, so they had to take care of him too. Somehow, he had learned about vampires.