❣︎ 𝒯𝓇𝓊𝓈𝓉 ❣︎

3rd person

"Thank you for being here everybody," Dana spoke into the microphone. Kids applauded. Elena, Bonnie, Jeremy, Damon and Stefan were making their way through the crowds. "We have a special shoutout tonight," Dana continued. "This is for Elena. From Klaus." They played the song. Elena's eyes widened. Klaus in Alaric's body smiled for himself. They all were looking around and searching for him.

"That was lame, cheap shot," Damon stated. "He's just trying to bait us."

"I know everyone here," Elena looked around. There was no one she wouldn't recognize.

"Maybe he's not here," Stefan concluded. "He just wants us to believe that he is."

"It's a party, people. Blend. Let him come to us," Damon encouraged them and Bonnie immediately took the advice. She caught Jeremy's hand and led him to the parquet, "Good idea." Jeremy protested, "No, no, I really don't feel like dancing."

"Too bad."

"There's Ric," Damon looked over at Klaus. "I'll be right back." He headed to him. Stefan smiled at Elena asking her to dance with him.

"What a special dedication, huh?" Klaus asked Damon, secretly proud inside. "This guy is a little twisted."

"I'm not impressed," Damon replied. Like he had already said, it was a lame move.

"No?" Klaus wondered surprised. He thought it was a cool way to tell them he was there.

"Let me know if you see anything out of wack. Or maybe my sister," Damon relied on him and left Klaus there alone. Klaus frowned. Alice! Ha! She was safely hidden in Alaric's apartment under his compulsion.

"Okay, so, where are you taking us?" Elena asked and with Bonnie were hurrying after Klaus.

"Just a little further," Klaus turned behind the corner.

"Wait..." Elena realized, "something's not right."

"Where's Jeremy," Bonnie questioned. Klaus laughed, "I just had to get away from that dance. 60's!" He scoffed and turned around to face them, "Not my decade. I mean, who's call was that anyway? I much prefer the 20's. You know, the style, parties, the jazz."

"Alaric, are you on vervain?" Elena was suspicious that he was under compulsion.

"Now why would you ask me that question, Elena," Klaus stepped a little closer.

"He's been compelled," Elena confirmed her thoughts.

"Nope, try again," Klaus found it so entertaining.

"What's going on?" Bonnie was pushing Elena behind her ready to protect her. Klaus sighed, "Okay, I'll give you a hint. I am not Alaric." He eyed Elena curiously. She couldn't understand. But then suddenly she realized. "Klaus..." she whispered and hoped she wasn't right. Unfortunately, she was.

"Surprise!" Klaus sang enthusiastically.

"No, no, it's not possible," Elena was trying to convince herself. Klaus waved his hand unbothered, "Just relax, Elena. I'm not here to hurt you. You're not on my head list tonight. But you are." He looked at Bonnie and ran towards her. She used her magic to stop him and threw him across the hall. He grunted and slowly got up laughing. "Now, did I mention that I know a witch? You're gonna have to hit me a lot harder than that," he provoked her and attempted to run against her again. Bonnie's magic hit him and he flew into a glass display cabinet. He fell to the ground. He pushed himself up on all four and laughed once again. "By all means, fire away. If you kill this body, I'll just get a new one. Maybe Jeremy."

"Go," Bonnie ordered to Elena. "Run. Run!" They were running away. They turned into another hall and Bonnie shut the door behind them with her magic. From the other side of the hall came Damon. As if he knew where they were.

"What happened?" he wanted to know.

"Klaus is in Alaric's body," Elena breathed out.

"What?" Damon asked unbelievably.

"Like he's possessing it or something," Bonnie explained. 

"Go find Stefan," he told Elena. "Now!" Elena ran off and Damon asked Bonnie, "Can you kill him?"

"He's got some kind of protection spell on him," Bonnie replied.

"You have the power of a hundred witches, brake it!" he commanded.

"I'm trying. But if I kill Alaric, he'll just posses someone else. He knows I have my power, Damon. He's trying to kill me," she explained desperately.

"No, Klaus does not get to win tonight. No way. You still willing to do whatever it takes to kill him?" he wondered and Bonnie nodded apprehensive.

3rd person

I took the kettle and poured the boiled water into the cup. I prepared Klaus a coffee.

"I'll be back as soon as I can," Maddox assured Klaus.

"Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body," Klaus said tensely. So it meant Maddox went to retrieve Klaus' body, I assumed. I was finally about to meet the true Klaus again. "And if you get hang up, call me. You know how impatient I get." He closed the door behind Maddox. I turned around and reached out my arm with the coffee towards him, "Where is he going?"

"To retrieve me. So I can get out of this bad hairdo." He walked passt me behind the kitchen counter.

"Are you sure this is a good idea, Klaus?"

"Well, the full moon is almost upon us. I've killed the witch. I have the moonstone. And the doppelgänger is waiting in the wings. I am ready to break this curse." He was so confident.

"Right, but... Are you sure the Bennett witch is dead?" I questioned. I honestly hoped she wasn't. But according to what he had told me, she really was. I couldn't imagine what Elena and others must have been going through.
"I don't think that they would let her die just like that?"

"Don't worry about that. I saw her die with my own eyes."

"If that's so."

"There's no way she could be alive. Although, that's what I thought about you too, when I heard you jumped from that tower," he walked to my side and scrutinized me.

"I just don't want anything bad happen to you." I wasn't sure if I was lying, or if I really didn't want him to die. There was still part of me that cared for him just like for Elijah. Even though he was ruthless and horrible person, I saw the good side of him that he had shown me.

"Don't worry, love. Nothing bad can happen to me. They can't kill me. You know I love you, right?" he tucked my hair behind my ear. I kept staring in front of me trying to avoid eye contact with him. I sincerely wanted to believe it. But at the time, I was sure he was just using me. "So if you're going to be a good girl like you've been till now," he continued, "I will allow you to go out." He headed to the door and put on Alaric's coat.

"Wait," I called after him before he had the chance to leave, "are you serious?" He wouldn't actually let me go out. Unless he trusted me not to spill everything to my brothers.

"Yes," he confirmed. "But for now," he compelled me, "you can't leave until I tell you to." He broke the eye contact with me and left the apartment. I rolled my eyes and turned around annoyed. If he trusted me that much to let me go out, why would he keep compelling me? He didn't trust me much at all then. And there I thought in any relationship trust was one of the most important qualities.

✧✦✧