Meeting Viperette

Maverick's POV
"Top Gun was created to teach ACM. Air Craft Manoeuvring. Dog Fighting. Blinds please." The blinds opened up and the dark room was filled with light. I sat up properly, stretching out my legs. "Now, I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce you to our commanding officer, he won the first trophy here at Top Gun. You will not find a finer air craft pilot, anywhere else in the world. He's commander, Mike Midcaff, call sign, Viper."

He gestured to the back and we looked to see a man with a moustache walk down the isle, in our plain khaki uniform. He just had a lot of badges. He stopped and turned out the front. "Gentlemen, you are the t-"

The door burst open and in strutted a girl! And a guy. She wore high heels, a loose cut-off and skinny jeans. I glanced at Viper and he shook his head. "Sorry we're late, traffics a little bad."

"Your excused." He said harshly, she didn't even flinch but cocked an eyebrow and they stood at the back. She glanced around the room and didn't even look twice at me. I was a little surprised. "Anyway, what I was about to say, is, Lady, and Gentlemen, you are all the top 1% of all Naval Aviators in the U.S. The elite, best of the best. We'll make you better, by at least two combat missions a day, classes in between and a valuation of your performance. At each combat sequence your going to meet a different challenge.

Every encounter is going to be much more difficult. We're going to teach you how to fly the F14, to the edge of the antelope, faster than you have ever flown before. And more dangerous. Now we don't make policy here Gentlemen, civil-"

The girl h-hm/coughed in the back and Viper just shook his head at her expectant face. "And Lady, civilians do that. We are the instalments of that policy and though we're not at war, we must always act like we are. Tip of the spear. That's for sure. And in case your wondering who's the best, they're all up here on this board. The best pilot from each class had his name in it. And they have the option to come back here and be Top Gun instructors."

He turned and looked me dead in the eye. "Do you think your names going to be on the board?"

"Yes sir." I said, some would say cockily, but you know, whatever.

He then looked at the girl. "Do you think your names going to be on that board?"

"My names already on it." She said and smirked at confidently at Viper. He was been showed up and I bet he didn't like that.

He looked back at me, ignoring her. "That's pretty arrogant considering the company your in."

I thought about my answer again. "Yes sir."

He nodded. "I like that in a pilot. Just remember when it's over out there, we're all on the same team. Gentlemen, and Lady, this school is about combat, there are no points for second place. Now I want everyone to call off their call signs." He pointed to my co-pilot Goose first.

"Goose, co-pilot."

"Maverick, pilot."

Four more names. "Iceman, pilot."

"Slider, co-pilot."

Four more names. "Wills, co-pilot."

Everyone stared at him then at the girl. She looked at Iceman and smiled, he smiled back. "Starlight, pilot."

Starlight!? That's the most well respected call signs in history. I turned back to Viper who nodded and said, "Dismissed."

The girl ran up and lunged into a hug with Iceman. "Hey baby. How you doing? I haven't seen you since flight school. What you been up to?"

He smirked at her. "Oh you know flying a couple of jets, getting wasted in a bar. Nothing huge or dramatic."

She shook her head and smiled. "Nope, doesn't sound like the lovely gentlemen, Iceman I knew." She laughed.

I shook my head. Iceman smiled. "I think the plaque, with the altruists, is down in the ladies room."

Goose burst out laughing as we walked up the aisle to the plaque with all the names on it. Goose leant in. "No no, Goose is spelt with two 'o's'."

I smirked at him and looked back at Starlight. She whispered something in Ice's ear and walked down to Viper. Her look turned cold and harsh. He gave her a smile, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. Goose whacked me upside the head and I glared at him, he just walked out and I reluctantly followed him.

Riley's POV
I leant in to Ice's ear. "See you round, Cowboy." I then strutted over to the one man I truly hated.

He gave me a smile. "Hello darlin'."

"Hello, father, if I could call you that anymore."

He rolled his eyes. "Look Riley you've broken enough rules today."

"Only one, Dad, trust me there's going to be a whole lot more of them broken." I turned, flicking my hair in his face. I turned back. "Don't look for me in room 2, I will most likely not be there." I wasn't planning on staying in a room with out someone else and it wouldn't be next to Vipers.

I turned and walked out the door. I walked up to the front desk in the centre and they gave me my keys to the airforce hotel, beside the complex. I walked out and Wills hurried over. "Hang on, wait for me."

He smiled and jumped in the passenger seat of my Porsche. I smiled at him. "Your going to need a lot more than to just hang on." I revved the engine and we speed across the tarmac, we dodged a taking off jet and braked into a parking space in the hotel area. "I bet my father's shaking his head right now."

Wills rolled his eyes and went to room 3. As soon as I got in the door I just unzipped my suitcase and grabbed out an outfit to wear to the club tonight. A short dress, with some Windsor Smith, high heels, like huge high heels. The dress was Pink, Green and Black floral design, it was a stick-to dress and zipped up the front. I picked up my purse and walked out. Wills, decided it was probably better to drive me, since I was the girl. I just rolled my eyes at him and we went to the bar down the road.