Maverick!

I sat next to Mav, with Wills on my left, Viper was critiquing Mav's move in a lesson. I glanced at him and he had his jaw locked. I twirled my pen and glanced at Charlie, who nodded and stepped in.

"Aircraft 1 forms a split 'S', that's the last thing you should do. The Mids right on your tail. Freeze it right there please." Charlie said and the computer guy stopped the image. "The Mid has you in his gun site, what were you thinking at this point?"

I looked astounded at her.she was supposed to be helping. I glanced at Mav who looked like he was pissed. I shook my head and rubbed my temples. I listened to Maverick who went on about shit and I knew he was struggling.

"Well that's a big gamble with a thirty million dollar plane. Unfortunately the gamble worked. Th Mid never got a clean shot. Maverick makes an aggressive vertical move here and works over the top." She started addressing the whole class.

I snapped."Jesus Charlie!"

I glared at her and she took a deep breath. She walked out and I climbed over Wills and stormed out after her. She was just around the corner taking in deep breaths and there were tears in her eyes. I came around and glared at her. "What the fuck Charlie? Maverick, if you haven't realised wasn't taking that prep talk well from Viper, then I asked up to step in and lighten up and you drilled him harder."

She just looked at me. I sighed exasperated. I shook my head and walked away from her. I couldn't do this. I waited outside the door as Viper finished up and Ice came out the door. I walked beside him, he looked down at me questioningly.

"Don't ask." I simply said. He shrugged and we walked into the bathroom.

Maverick had already gotten into his leather jacket and walked out. I looked at Goose, who sighed and nodded. I shook my head and waited for Ice to get dressed and we walked over to the hotels.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Wills helped me out of the jet and I pulled my hair out of my bun. I walked down beside him, but quickly was taken away by Ice. "Hey, guess what?"

"What?"

"Won another one." He said in my ear.

I smiled. "Looks like your my only competition then." He looked at me. "I won another one too."

He pulled a face at me and he put an arm, as best he could, around my waist. Maverick and Goose looked at each other. "I feel the need, the need for speed." They high fived and I laughed.

I looked up at Ice. "How come you don't like Maverick?"

He thought about it. "How come you like him so much?"

"I don't like him like that, in fact I don't particularly like him either, but I do like Goose and Maverick is just a side order. Plus, I have you." I looked at him. Stopping him in his tracks and entwining our hands, I stood in front of him. "You have nothing to worry about. Okay?"

He smiled and nodded. I knew his eyes were probably sparkling behind his aviator glasses. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him. We kept walking, we had a theory lesson, then another flying lesson.

><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I jumped out of my jet, not waiting for a helping hand from Wills, instead I high-fived it and we gave each other a hug. This afternoon, Viper had been up in the air with us and I had broken away from Ice, who was fine and took down Jester easily. I took down my dad and I'm telling you he wasn't too happy about it.

Ice and Slider walked over. "Congratulations." Slider held out his hand and Wills and I shook it. Wills shook Ice's hand but I hugged him.

"Well done to you, too. You guys got Jester!" I said. Ice smiled and we started walking over.

"Yeah, but Jesters old news." He complained.

He slung his arm around my shoulders. I sighed, drastically. "Well, how about I kick Jesters old butt and you can have my father's? How about that?"

We walked through the door and found Jester, gesturing to Vipers office. We all stood there in our flight gear. He looked around at all of us. "I have an announcement. You have finished half of your training. First place Starlight, second place Iceman and third place Maverick. Good luck everyone."

We walked back out and went to the change rooms. Wills again undid my vest and I slid, the bloody heavy thing off of me and dumped it in my locker. I rolled my shoulders, tying to get out the knots. "Jeez, they have to lighten up the load."

Slider smirked. "Why because your so weak?"

I sighed, I had just had about enough of him. Both Ice and I turned to glare at him. "Dude, not now. I'm tired, sore and hungry." I slammed my locker, after grabbing my clothes. "Don't start a fight, because you'll get you butt whipped." I said and walked into the shower.

A few chuckles followed. I undid the knots in my shoulders under the warm water. I changed in the cubicle and came back out and threw the outfit, like a basketball into the wash bun. Ice joined me and high-fived when I successfully got it in. We turned around laughing to see Jester walk in.

He turned to Maverick. "That was some of the best flying, I've seen yet. Right up to the part, where you got killed. You never, never leave you wingman." I gaped at Mav.

"You left your wingman? Jesus!" I turned and shook my head, opening my locker.

Jester looked at me, then Ice. "Congratulations. Both of you." He nodded then walked back out.

Ice looked at Maverick. "Mav, it's not your flying, it's your attitude. The enemies dangerous, but right now you'd worse than the enemy." Maverick whipped his head round and glared at Ice. I glanced between them. "You may not like the guys flying with you, they may not like you, but who's side are you on?"

Mav turned back around and found the bulletin board really interesting, Ice looked at me and I shrugged, we walked out of the bathroom hand in hand, I'm sure that Mav would have gotten a bit jealous at the fact. By now the whole airbase had found out about the incident between me and Mav, it was nothing but, the word was out that he liked me. Which was clear that he did.